Home

Coffee, patchouli and vanilla, the familiar scent wafted through the air as i walked in the kitchen of the only home i had ever known. I have been back in North Carolina for about a week and a half just trying to figure out my next move. The first few days back were filled with showing gram pictures from Vegas, telling her all about my favorite restaurants and places to visit but the most popular topic she always seemed to circle back to, Austin.

One month, thats how long it has been since he left me back at that house in Vegas. One solid month of nonstop text messages, phone calls during his lunch breaks and a face-time call to wrap up the end of everyday.

When i woke up that morning the last thing i had expected was for him to actually make an effort in keeping up with me. I am a pessimist when it comes to relationships, i don't want to be but unfortunately my past left a long term emotional scar on me i can't seem to shake.

Gram and I were sat on the couch after dinner looking at the pictures that Austin had sent from his latest fitting. I still hadn't fully processed that he was going to be in this movie, more or less that someone like him was interested in me but i guess here we are.

Gram had a small panic attack when i told her who he was, she went on for what felt like hours about how excited she already was for the movie before but now it was all the better. All i could do was laugh at her reaction because to me he wasn't Austin Butler the actor who was going to be Elvis, he was just Austin the sweet and caring guy i met while playing piano two months ago.

"He looks so handsome! The hair really makes the whole look." Gram said before pulling her glasses up to rest on her head.

"Yeah he does look good doesn't he"

A couple of days ago I got a picture of him sitting in a salon chair with no context, when he face-timed me later that night I saw his hair had been dyed jet black. The man was already perfect but the dark hair just did something i can't quite explain, it somehow highlighted his features making him even more striking. 

"Have you thought anymore about his offer?" 

"No i haven't, i told you earlier i just need to think it through"

"Honey you have to stop letting the negative thoughts in your mind win, look how good this trip to Vegas ended up being. None of this would have happened if you didn't push past the fear"

I know she is right but it's hard to stop listening to that nagging little voice in the back of my head that tells me to never leave my bed because too much bad can happen outside.

That same night while we were talking he invited me to come to Tennessee with him for a couple of days and visit Graceland. I was sort of stunned that he had asked me to come with him so i just brushed past it like he hadn't really asked. However, he's persistent, everyday since then he's asked me if i had made up my mind.

I do want to see him, have his hand in mine and feel his lips on me again, but i'm scared of what that all means, we haven't talked much about whatever this is that going on between us and i'm trying to just live in the moment and enjoy it but its damn near impossible. I want to go, truthfully but i can't bring myself to tell him yes and i don't know why.

"You're right and i am trying." I sigh and rest my head on the arm of the couch and look over to her.

"I know you are but a piece of advice, Don't think just act." 

I lay there trying not to talk myself out of it, I am going.

About thirty minutes later i hear my phone ring and i know exactly who it is. I leave the living room and head upstairs to the loft before i answer the call and see that handsome face that i look forward to seeing everyday.