The pier

It's been two weeks since Austin and I got to North Carolina, we've not done much other than hang around the house with Gram. Although today i'm taking him downtown to the waterfront, my favorite place in this town, i knew this little pier that was tucked away a few streets down that had the best view and hardly any people.

We walked around in the antique store near the water for way longer than expected, everything seemed to catch his eye, i would go on walking through the rooms and turn to talk to him but he was nowhere to be found.

I got to the room where they kept all the jewelry, i could stay in there looking at everything for hours. You could say i'm somewhat of a collector and all my favorite pieces i found right here in this store.

I was combing through the drawers of rings seeing if anything peaked my interest when i found a thick gold band that had been etched with piano keys. It was meant to be a woman's thumb ring but it looked the right size for Austin's finger and i couldn't resist. I was being mildly selfish in buying it because when he wears rings he looks absolutely irresistible.

I felt his warm hands slide around my waist and soft lips press to my cheek "sorry baby i got distracted".

As quickly as possible i balled my hand into a fist to hide the ring i was holding,

"It's okay, you ready to go?"

"Yes Ma'am"

"Okay i'm just gonna run to the restroom then i'll meet you out front."

A quick nod of his head and he walked towards the door, i hung back long enough to see him exit so i could buy the ring. I payed and thanked the lady before slipping it into my pocket and walking to meet him outside.

I grab his hand as we walk across the street to get down to the pier.

"So this is your spot?"

"Yep, i found it in high school, it feels like the only spot in town that isn't crowded"

I move to sit on the bench behind us fiddling with the ring in my pocket.

"It really is a beautiful little town" He walks away from the rail to sit with me, he joined our hands together and i take my chance to grab the ring with my other hand and slide it on his left middle finger.

"What was that?" He looks to me slightly confused before looking down to glance at our hands. "That was sneaky." He lets out a little laugh before separating our hands to inspect the ring.

Sudden shyness runs through me as he looks down on it, "It's got little piano keys etched in, it just reminded me of you and the night we met. Thought you might like it, but if not it's okay"

He looks to me with a bright smile on his face, his hands reach up to my cheeks and pull me forward to kiss him, "It's perfect, thank you."

A blush runs wild on my face as i look at him and slowly pull my bottom lip in between my teeth, "You're welcome".

On our way back to the car we stopped at the ice cream shop, i go to take a bite when i hear "smile" and look up to see Austin holding his phone in my direction.

He lets out a loud laugh and clutches his chest, "That is my new favorite picture"

"That is so not funny" I roll my eyes and him and playfully stick my middle finger up at him as i walk away.

"Paybacks a bitch named Austin baby" As he speeds up to walk beside me.

"Difference is the picture i took of you was cute" I cut my eyes over to him.