Trouble

The music flooded out onto the street, i felt it cross the pavement and enter my body right through my feet. My heart was pounding as we walked towards the door of the club hand in hand. The security officer asked for our IDs and stamped the tops of our hands before allowing us into the club i now know as Jimmy's. It was a large and seemingly exclusive jazz like club Austin had somehow gotten us into.

"Let's go get some drinks then ill try to persuade you out onto the floor"

He grabs my hand again leading me to the bar. I have to say i could get very used to him feeling the urge to grab my hand every time we walk somewhere. Approaching the bar he seems to be familiar with the bartender Adam as he exchanges friendly words with him before he orders my whiskey and coke before ordering his own. After thanking Adam he leads me to a small table in the back corner of the club.

I begin sipping my drink trying to tame the nerves threatening to take over my mind. When i look over to Austin he is studying my body language. Shaky hands, sweaty palms and my ever so lovely habit of picking at my fingers. When he sees me looking at him he quickly pulls his eyes back to mine and attempts to pull me out of my own head.

"So now that i have got you out, tell me more about you"

"Well in all honesty i'm not really that interesting, i'm from North Carolina, I'm 25 and i was a waitress before i came here"

"Anything about you is interesting to me" He moves his body closer to mine and smiles "Why did you come to Vegas?"

My body betrays me and i blush at the contact of our knees. Judge if you will but if you only knew how long it had been since i had been this close to another man you would understand, and especially a man that looks like the one in front of me.

"Well i have always wanted to travel to as many places as possible so i saved up for the past 5 years while i lived with my grandma. As for why i'm in Vegas, my gram raised me so i grew up on her music and Elvis was her favorite , I always said this would be the first place i went so here i am."

"I grew up on Elvis too. He was my mom's favorite as well. I know you said you'll only be here for a month so where to next"

"I'm not sure, i don't have any set plans, just gonna go where life takes me. I'll be in the hotel through the weekend then i'm going to a short term rental but you've heard enough about me, tell me about you"

"I envy that, having no plans a real go with the flow lifestyle is my dream. Well im 30, i'm from California but i'm living here for a few months for work, i'm an actor."

"An actor? i wouldn't have guessed that" i think back to the first night we met, he had a familiar look to him and i couldn't place it at the time but now it's clicked. I have seen him before except the last time it was on my TV screen binge watching The Carrie Diaries with my best friend from high school,

"I'll take that as a compliment" he laughs slightly before shifting his eyes to the people on the dance floor a few feet from us then back to me.

"Dance with me"

"Promise not to let me fall?"
my eyes were rapidly going back and forth from his to the dance floor. The couples on the floor were moving so sensually yet graceful and i knew as soon as i got up i would make a fool of myself, yet i was drawn to the movements of the other couples thinking of how his body would feel pressed against mine in that way.

He leans in a mere inch from my face looking at my lips first then trailing up to my eyes "I promise sweetheart"

And just like that i felt a rush of warmth through my whole body and got up to follow him to the floor. He instantly grabs my hand and spins me away from him only to pull me back flush against him. My hands instinctually wrap around his neck making us practically nose to nose.