'68

Austin's POV :
It's 2 am and i'm just now getting back home from set, since we started filming actual scenes a couple weeks ago it's been one late night after the other. Cami will come with me most mornings and stay till about six before she's ready to go home.

I try to quietly walk through the apartment to get to the bedroom without waking sleeping beauty over there on the couch but as soon as i walk by she shoots up like the walking dead.

"Jesus! Austin you scared the hell outta me" She rubs her tired eyes and attempts to get up off the couch.

"Sorry baby, i was trying not to wake you"

"Little late for that."

One thing Cami does not handle well is being woken up, i've learned my lesson the hard way.

"I'm sorry, i'm just gonna go have a shower, why don't you go get in bed i'll be there soon." I brush my hand across her face trying to soothe her temper.

"Okay" Her head moved to snuggle into my hand and place a kiss to my palm.

A little while later i walk back into the bedroom to find her all sprawled out on her stomach taking over most of the bed. I couldn't help to laugh at the sight of her, how does such a small person take up so much space.

I tried my best to move in beside her with out waking her up but my weight shifting the bed down must have been enough for her to stir. She sat up for a moment allowing me to settle in before she laid back down and wrapped her body around mine and placed her head on my chest.

"I hate going to bed without you." Her tired voice drew on my heart.

"I know baby i'm sorry, hopefully these late nights will be a thing of the past when we get into a little more of a rhythm on set."

I dreaded coming home that late every night, i knew she waited up for me, at-least tried to. Every night this week i have found her on the couch when i come home with either a book in her hand or the tv playing one of her shows.

Tomorrow's scene was the ''68 special', I had an earlier call time so i was hoping to be able to go home the same time as her for once. She's been telling me for weeks that she couldn't wait for me to shoot this scene because it was her favorite Elvis performance.

That next morning the alarm went off way too early, i had gotten a grand total of 3 hours of sleep. I felt Cami stir beside me but i didn't wanna wake her just yet so i slid out easily and wandered into the kitchen. I made two excessively large cups of coffee, a bagel half with cream cheese and half with peanut butter and sliced banana on top, she insist it's better this way because you have a sweet or a more savory option.

I walk back into the bedroom and set her breakfast down on the table beside her before i attempt to wake her.

I put my hand softly on her shoulder shaking as softly as i could, "Baby...Breakfast"

Her eyes open and she looks to me with a smile on her face, "Breakfast in bed?"

"Yep, you go on and eat while i shower then we can head out, sound good?"

"Sounds good"

These past few weeks we've really gotten into a routine, i've gotten so used to coming home to her that i can't even imagine what it was like before she wasn't there. I look forward to waking up to her in the morning and everyday when i come home the smile on her face would make the worst day automatically turn around. She is there for me in ways i can't even describe, she is always there for me even when she doesn't realize it.