Gentleman

"i'm going on a date" the words blurted out of me before i had time to think and decided not to tell her

"A DATE?! like with a boy? a real breathing boy?" gram said in shock and began laughing to herself

"haha very funny, yes a real breathing boy. he is picking me up in 15 minutes"

"thank god! i was beginning to worry about you becoming some crazy lady with twenty cats who never leaves her house and swears off men forever "

"hey there's nothing wrong with having twenty cats, and also i could've gone on a date sooner if i wanted it. It was voluntary i'll have you know"

"i know i know i'm only kidding, so tell me about him, OH! wait, what are you wearing is the more important question" i notice her tone get progressively more excited and it makes me laugh seeing her get giddy like that.

I stand back from the camera to give her a full view of my dress, it's a flowy black low-cut dress with small white daisies plastered all over and falls to my calf, i tried to keep it more casual by wearing my white platform shoes because as we know heels are not my friend.

"beautiful! Hair up or down?" she leans her face closer to the camera in attempt to see me better which only makes me laugh because i'm practically staring up her nose at this point.

"i was thinking up i didn't have enough time to do anything else with it"

she nods head with a smile on her face "good choice, i know you are in a rush so i won't press for details right now but at-least tell me his name"

"His name is Austin, i met him here at the hotel about a two weeks ago." the second his name crosses my lips i feel a blush creep onto my face, the mere thought of him makes me happy. Damn i'm in trouble.

"I can't wait to here all about him, maybe give me a call tomorrow and tell me? i miss you cami" the happiness on her face starts to fade as we say goodbye and i feel the tears threaten to stream down my face

" i promise, i miss you too gram so much. i'll call you tomorrow, i love you"

"i love you too honey"

A few deep breath's later i look into the mirror to make sure i'm all put together, i glance down at my phone to get the time 12:28 he should be here any minute.

We've gone out before, i was practically in his lap an hour ago but here i am pacing the lengths of the hotel room trying to keep the butterflies in my stomach at bay,

*knock knock knock*

"fuck" i whisper to myself as i walk to open the door, "pull it together cami"

I open the door to Austin in a loose fit white silk button down shirt and black slacks that fit him perfectly. He quite literally took my breath away. My eyes make there way up to his to find where i find him already looking down at me with that same damn smirk that makes my knees buckle.

"Hello to you too beautiful"

I give myself a mental smack on the forehead for being so obvious about drooling over him but i mean come on who wouldn't. A nervous laugh is the only response i could seem to give at the time before he speaks up again.

"cat got your tongue sweetheart?"

"huh, oh ha no, im just um never mind. let me grab my bag and we can go"

turning around i shake my head at the pure disaster of a sentence that just came out of my mouth. I notice his reflection in the mirror across from my bed, i watch him step inside to lean his shoulder against the wall staring at me as i walk to pick up my purse from the bedside table.