Maj AU (Part 3)

Category: Hurt/Comfort (A lot of these will be like this)

Main Character(s): Ren, Python, and Doc

Trigger Warning(s): Blood, Panic Attack

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We should kill him!" Ren awoke to these words echoing through the cavern, that has now filled with people again. Python, Bdubs, and the half-hels. As well as a tall man with a forest green turtleneck, thick green camo pants, and a grey bandana around the bottom half of his face. This man had vibrant purple eyes, the mark of a Therianthrope, a rare type of Maj that can shapeshift into most anything.

"Doc," The therianthrope started, looking mildly tired, "He is a CHILD. We can't just kill him in cold blood."

The half-hels crossed his arms. "He made Grian bleed badly, tried to kill Scar for food when he first saw him, and knocked me to the ground for no reason. There's plenty of evidence why we should kill him. He's also a werewolf. That's a good reason in itself."

"Um." Ren said quietly. Everyone stopped and looked at him. "I- Uh. I didn't try to kill anyone... I think. And I d-didn't mean to hit you. Er... S-Sorry." The he whimpered a little, lowering his tail in submission.

"Look! Now, when he needs to save his sorry hide, he will talk and give excuses!" Doc cried, waving his black clawed hand at the kid.

"Why did you bite Grian?" The demon asked from his perch in a rocky alcove to Ren's left. "Do you have an excuse for that?!" The angel, Grian, tried to calm him down, but the moustached demon shook him off, glaring at Ren angrily.

"I- I- I don't know- I mean, I-" Ren stuttered, taken off guard and scared at the amount of hostile people in the room.

"Nobody wants to hear excuses, werewolf." Doc grumbled, spitting out the word "werewolf" as if it was a rotten pear. "Just be quiet and let us get on with our business."

"Doc." Python started, getting close to the tense werewolf cub. "Let him talk. It's his life that's on the line here. He should be allowed to- OW!" Python screamed as Ren bit him too, causing more blood to pour onto him.

Oh no. Of all times, why now. He thought, horrified with himself, as everyone gasped.

"KILL HIM!" An angry Dragonborn cried, drawing a sword and running at him. A blue slimelike person came at him from the other side, slime literally boiling. Added to that, Doc, Bdubs, and a kitsune came at him as well, blocking off all escape routes. He had no way to run.

Ren's heart was beating wildly, his mind full of terror. His breathing became erratic and he wasn't exactly thinking straight. He had no course of action other than curling up in a ball and screaming for help.

For some reason, help came in form of a giant armadillo with purple eyes.

All of the attacking Maji crashed into it, sliding off of its shell. It then transformed into a medium-sized golden dog, standing over Ren protectively. His heartbeat slowed somewhat.

"Wh-Who are you?" Ren whispered, still shaking.

The dog smiled at him as everyone in the room stood still, staring. "My name's Xisuma. I know how the werewolf curse works. I know it's not your fault. Also, please don't blame Doc for his aggressive behavior, he's just protective of his friends." He nodded shakily.

The dog turned back into a human an helped Ren up. "Nobody will be attacking Ren. He can live with us in the cave, just please nobody put more stress on him. He's just ten." Xisuma looked around, as if daring someone to try and challenge him.

Nobody did.

-Time Skip 3 Days-

Ren had gotten introduced to everyone slowly, and Doc, Bdubs, the dragonborn called Wels, and the slime named Jevin had apologized for the hostile behavior. Apparently, the kitsune's name was Etho and he wasn't even attacking him in the first place. He was carrying Xisuma in sparrow form to protect Ren with.

Ren ended up becoming friends with Etho, Python, and the two pixies that had originally found him: Cub and Scar.

It took a while to get fully comfortable with Doc though, but he was getting there. Also, apparently the oldest person there was a Crystal Golem named Iskall, who was 182 years old and definitely didn't act like it.

The werewolf sighed as he sat atop a rock jutting out from a cliff. He had climbed up here earlier to see the sunset, and it sure was beautiful.

Ren loved his new life as a Hermit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welp. I enjoyed that.

I would like to say, I'm trying my best to post daily, but school is starting now and I might not be able to, so sorry if I don't post one day. Hopefully, I'll be able to post the next day though. :)

If you have any suggestions, please do tell me! Again, no smut, no limes, no lemons.

That's all I have to say!

Goodbye people that are reading my nonsense for some reason!