Two Birds - Ren (Part 1, Double Life)

Not a songfic. I'm gonna still use inspiration from Two Birds.

Category: Angst

Main Character(s): Ren, Cleo, Pearl

TW: Trauma, Blood (Possibly manipulation? Idk if this is one.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"CROAK A FROG! PET THE DOG! BURN A LOG!" Martyn yelled to the sky, laughing in the weird chaos. Ren grinned at him and continued the mantra.

"CROAK A LOG! PET THE FROG! BURN THE DOG! Wait what?!" Ren fell over laughing as he slipped up again. "Man, we never seem to be able to get that right!" Martyn patted his back and went to get more logs.

As Martyn collected wood, Ren surveyed the area and quickly spotted a red cloak in the forest.

"Martyn we got company." He warned the blonde.

Martyn turned around just as Pearl came out of the woods, her eyes as red as her cloak and glittering dangerously. Ren took a step back as her eyes began to glow slightly, barely noticeable, but enough to unsettle him.

"Oh hey there Pearl!" Martyn piped up, walking over as if there was nothing off with Pearl. Ren glanced at him. There was just something that felt so wrong about this.

The exchange was rather normal, a supposed alliance being formed between the three of them, but it got very sketchy at the end, once Martyn had left. Pearl made direct eye contact with Ren, and her eyes glowed more, before going back to normal, and then back again. It was like some creepy strobe light.

His head spun and he blinked rapidly, stumbling away, but when Ren's head straightened again, she was gone. I don't like that. He thought, quickly jogging back to Box. As expected, Box was empty of all human life. BigB left me for real. Great.

He tended to the wheat, harvesting it and feeding some to the cows he had is the base. Ren sighed and looked out the window.

It was now daytime, and he could see in the early morning sun that there were two doves sitting together on the branch of a nearby tree. Doves mate for life, don't they? They always stick together. He smiled sadly when that reminded him of his relationship with BigB. But then, something odd happened.

Another dove, a reddish one that already had a mate that was sitting on a nearby branch, fluffed up its chest feathers at the two. One didn't notice, but the other saw it and flew to it. The red tinted dove hopped back to its branch, now with the other in tow.

What?

... Is that what happened with me and BigB?

Ren got to his feet and took out his bow. He shot the dove that caused this trouble, killing it.

I'm gonna find who did this, and I will put an end to them. A very painful end.

He stalked out of Box, through his anger not noticing BigB walking back to it. The two completely missed each other. As he trekked on, he saw Pearl again in the distance. She was looking straight at him. She waved at turned away.

Ren's tail lashed. She could be behind this. She would so take BigB from him, just for the fun of it.

He began running toward her, and she mostly ignored him, sorting through her bag before heading up the her base in the sky. Pearl disappeared through the opening in the floating house just as he reached the bottom of the ladder.

Ren took in a deep breath and began to climb. On the way up, he though about Pearl trying to steal away BigB. She lost Scott so she absolutely would. She's going to freaking regret ever touching my soulmate! BigB my man, I'm comin!