Lilies- Zedaph (S9)

Last ZIT member! I took a short break before doing this, I've got plenty of ideas. :D

Quick bit on end headcanons:
-The current end is "Dead" and it used to be a thriving place full of exotic plants and animals.
-The end's inhabitants were the endarians, and they have extremely low population nowadays (About 10,000 left, compared to the current human population of 4 billion), and they are in hiding.
-Endarians have one of three powers: limited flight (~5 minutes), teleportation, or rarely, magic.
-All endarians have purple eyes and tend to have difficulty breathing overworld air, some need special helmets to keep them alive. *cough* Xisuma *cough*

Category: Hurt/Comfort

Main Character(s): Zedaph, Tango, Impulse

TW: Death, Blood

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been a stormy day in the overworld. Zedaph didn't like storms.

Storms were weird, unnatural, and just different to him. There was nothing like the pouring rains and relentless gales of a storm in his homeland. He always traveled back to the end every time a bad one happened, but this time he truly regretted going.

Zed stared at the lump of mangled flesh on the endstone ground. Is that- He sent out a magic probe into it. There feelings of fear, pain and death everywhere, and sadly, the familiar aura coming from the body reeked of it. No way- It can't be! No no no no no nononononononono. NO! He hiccupped and sobbed, right there on the rough, sharp, endstone.

"NO! I SAID I WOULD FIND YOU AGAIN SOMEDAY! B-BUT NOT LIKE THIS!" He cried into the scraps of navy cloth still left on the dead body. "WHY IS THIS WORLD SO CRUEL?!" Then he spotted something in the dead girl's hands. A flower. Lily of The Valley. He cried harder, until no more tears could come out of his now-dry eyes.

A couple of minutes later, he heard a gasp from behind him, but he didn't move from the body.

"Z-Zed?!" Impulse's voice stuttered. "Why- What- Who is th-that? Why are you glowing? What are you even doing here?! You've been gone for hours! We were worried!" The crying man looked up at his boyfriends sadly.

"Does it matter?" He rasped, still hugged onto the dead body. "Does anything matter at this point?"

"W-Well yes!" Tango exclaimed, rushing to his side and checking him for any injuries. He found one, a cut from the endstone that was still bleeding slightly. Tango began treating the small wound and Impulse's widened at the sight of Zed's purple tinted blood.

"Wait... You're an endarian?" He asked tentatively. Zed nodded silently, looking away. I didn't want them to find out like this... He thought, somewhat panicked. How would they react?

Impulse put his arms around Zed and said, "We love you anyway. Nothing's wrong with being different. All of us are different, just some more than others." Zed's heart warmed at his kind words, but all happiness disappeared when he spotted the body again. Tears swam in his eyes and he murmured sad things to himself, too quiet for human ears to hear.

Of course, Impulse and Tango were not human.

"Ma- No. I can't say it. Th-There's no way. She's not gone. She can't be." He whispered.

"You knew her, didn't you?" Tango said in a hushed voice. "Could you tell us?" Zed paused and wiped the tears out of his eyes before clearing his throat, nodding, and beginning to speak.

"A-All my early life, I lived in the end, but I always loved to explore and adventure in the overworld with my friend..." He gestured to the dead endarian, hand still shaking. "Her name was Madah. She might have had a crush on me at some point... But she was very supportive of me being gay for a human in the overworld." Zed sighed and continued.