Explosive Fear - Ren (S7)

Category: Hurt/Comfort

Main Character(s): Ren, Grian

Trigger Warning(s): Panic Attack

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ren was walking through the streets of the shopping district when it happened.

He heard the faint sound of crackling fireworks.

Heartrate quickening, he ran across the mixed grass and mycelium into the nearest shop. It was Grian's barge. He swiftly got his elytra and fireworks, designed to be a bit less loud, and flew to the top layer of the floating shop.

The firework sounds were getting progressively louder, and his sensitive ears could tell that there were al least three people, two flying around the other (or others) on the ground.

More fireworks.

And more.

Two people had joined the duo in the air, and Ren could pick out a few voices over the explosions bouncing through his skull.

"Grian!!! Stop planting mycelium everywhere!"

"DIE GRASS!"

"Shoot them down!"

"GET 'EM IMPULSE! GET 'EM ETHO!"

More fireworks. Ren cringed, and realised that he was curled up in a ball on the floor. Not a good sign for his anxiety.

"Hey everyone's here!"

"Except for Ren."

"DON'T LET THEM KILL GRASS!"

"Where's Ren?"

"STOP THE SPREAD!"

"I messaged him a while ago."

"KILL THE PURPLE WEEDS!"

"WAIT! SCAR! IPULSE! EVERYONE! STOP FIGHTING, REN HATES LOUD NOISES!"

"What?"

"THE COMMUNICATORS SAY HE'S BEEN HERE FOR 20 MINUITES!"

"Why are we still yelling?"

"Oh yeah."

Ren didn't even hear the last half of their chatter. It was too much for him. His mind was foggy and he could just barely think, but only in short bursts of emotion and jumbled words.

-Loud- It's- No loud- Much- Stop no- I- Loud- That was the gist of Ren's thoughts. He couldn't see right either, his eyes unfocused and hazy. The dog hybrid could faintly, in the back of his head, hear whispered voices from below him.

He tried his best to calm down. But then-

More fireworks. Tons of them.

He cried out in pain from the pure loudness of the sound, panic and fear skyrocketing. His thoughts got somehow even more jumbled up.

Then someone grabbed his shoulder. So many noises, from so many different directions was too disorienting and panic-inducing for his to bear any longer. He lashed out with his claws, unsure of what he was doing and why.

His claw dung into something soft and fleshy, then he heard a extremely loud pained scream. He collapsed onto the floor, ears flat with his hands on top of them, tears pouring down his face. All noise stopped a few seconds later, save for some whispering and soft noises of pain.

At least it was quiet now. Ren began to calm somewhat, still shaking and crying, but able to think and see correctly again. At least it is quiet.. He blearily thought, eyes squinting in the midday light, trying to see what was happening. Grian was standing directly in front of him, worry in his eyes.

"Erm. Ren? You good now?" He whispered to the crying hybrid. Ren shook his head, hiccupping a bit and whimpering.

"I'm sorry about earlier. I forgot about the fireworks. Um- most people don't know to so uh- don't blame them either please." Ren nodded shakily.

"Do you need a hug?" Grian asked softly, holding out his arms.

"... Y-Yes." Ren stuttered. Grian grabbed him up in an embrace. Ren knew he liked to randomly hug people. He was a hugger. Right now, in this moment, he was very grateful for that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

C'mon. I love myself some good Rendog angst.

Sorry that this is a bit short, and please don't get mad at me for anything about what a panic attack is like in this, because this is how I personally experience them. I pretty much based Ren off of me.