Scarring Words - ConVex (S8)

I want to hurt Scaaaaaar! I really want to! So I do! It's just a Hurt/Comfort, but I was kinda tempted to make a flat-out angst. Welp, time to get started with the ConVex story!

Category: Hurt/Comfort

Main Character(s): Scar, Cub, Hels

TW: Blood, Death Threats, Self Hate

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scar gazed sadly at the words on the many stalagmites in front of him.

He sighed, shook his head, and began to read them out loud, but still in a slightly hushed voice.

"Trash. Disappointment. Never sum up to anything. Scapegoat. Immature. Vex filth. Disgusting. Dingbat. Hideous. Oh, I'm so sorry Cub... I have to! I have to do this." Tears filled his eyes, practically blinding him. "Why? WHY? WHY ME?!" Scar continued to cry on the rocky floor until he heard a scoff from the top of one of the stalagmites.

"You break that easy?" Hels sneered. "Even Dog was stronger than that, you deformed swine!" The knight barked a sadistic laugh, sitting down on his perch and letting his legs swing back and forth.

"I-I- I'm not b-broken!" He stuttered, shakily getting to his feet. "Y-You're not doing t-to me- I mean- You can't d-do to me- W-What you d-did to-" Scar hiccupped again at the memory of seeing Ren, tortured and shivering, slowly being given back his sanity by Doc and Joe's efforts.

No. No! He is NOT doing that to me! Scar glared at Hels and unsheathed his sword. If this knight wanted to hurt anyone, he would have to fight Scar first.

To Scar's surprise, Hels laughed harder. The vex's cheeks flushed beet red and he screamed angrily to hide his embarrassment at being laughed at by this distorted evil clone. He opened his mouth to speak again, but Hels interrupted him.

"Hahaha... Y'know the best part?" He wiped a tear out of his eye as he cackled at Scar. "You can't do anything about it! Not without your precious pet getting hurt..." Hels held up a grey and white cat by its collar, the cat writhing angrily, but completely unable to do anything. Just like Scar himself.

Hels put on his elytra, customized to look like fiery dragon wings, and made an "L" shape with his hand over his head before flying away with Jellie.

Scar stood there, too shocked to say or do anything, for a few minutes.

Shut up. You have to do this every day so stop whining about it. He told himself sternly. He couldn't show fear in front of Hels. Or in front of anyone for that matter. No one could know what was going on, or his relationship with Cub was ruined.

Time Skip 2 Weeks

"SCAR!" Cub shrieked. Scar was backed into a corner in the maze of pointed rocks, and there was no way to run. "IT WAS YOU?! HOW DARE YOU?! LOOK AT THIS!" Cub yelled savagely, pointing at the words carved into the rocks. He began reading them off at full volume.

"BASTARD! UNWORTHY! REPELLENT! HORRENDOUS! WORTHLESS SCUM! VILE! NAUSEATING! BARBARIC BEAST! SCADALOUS! OPPRESSIVE. PEICE. OF. DUNG?! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?! WHY DID YOU EVEN-" Cub took in a deep breath. "Never mind. Leave, Scar. Don't you let me see your traitorous face around my home ever again."

Scar gaped at him, speechless, but quickly grabbed on his elytra and flew away.

Once he reached his first base, the original wagon, he dashed inside. Scar meant to come in here to calm down, but spending two days alternating between lying in bed crying for hours and staring at the ceiling really didn't help his mental state. C'mon Scar. You have work to do. Go build stuff. Plan for future builds. Deal with your business paperwork.

Scar dragged himself out of bed, set on getting something accomplished, anything, even if it was useless. He couldn't let himself cry and in general be depressed just because Hels wanted to have some sadistic fun.

That's what Hels wanted him to do, and Scar wouldn't let him get any pleasure out of this, even if Scar was still feeling like complete trash.

The man stood up, wiped his remaining tears away, and flew out the back to his more tower-like wagon. As he walked inside, he thought to himself, What was even thinking?! I was so stupid. I AM stupid. Should have just gotten help, not hurt Cub in that way. Stupid.

Scar's spirits lifted when he entered. He was infinitely grateful to find Jellie on a bed, not a scratch on her. He wasn't just grateful, he was ecstatic.

"JELLIE! You're okay!" Scar grabbed the cat up and petted her. "I thought he would kill you!"

"I was going to." Said a terrifyingly familiar voice from above him. "I would have impa- Oi! Keep your sword away from my neck!" Scar whipped around and looked up to see a hole in the wall with Hels standing in it. Cub was standing behind him and was holding his sword to the evil knight's neck.

"I- Cub?! W-What are you doing here?!" Scar gaped at him, tears forming in his eyes at the sight of his friend.

"Well, I figured you had a reason for doing what you did, so I investigated. Found this thickheaded weasel talking to himself about how 'genius' he is for threatening to hurt a defenseless animal." Cub told him, digging the sword into Hels' pale skin further, causing blood to leak out. Hels glared angrily at him, but didn't move an inch.

Scar was about to say something, but that was when Hels said, "It's been fun, but it's time for me to dip! Later, losers!" Then disappeared in a small cloud of purple particles.

"CURSE ENDERPEARL STASIS!" Cub screeched, sheathing his sword once more. He glided down to Scar and pulled him into a big hug, which was rare for him. Cub wasn't much of a hugger.

"I'm sorry for what I said to you, Scar. I didn't know about all this." Cub whispered softly into Scar's ear.

"I- I'm sorry! I should have told you! I shouldn't have done that. I didn't want to hurt you, I had to!" Scar hiccupped, hugging his friend harder. Cub nodded sympathetically and let Scar hug him and cry into his shoulder. They stood like that together for a long time, neither wanting to leave.

They would always be together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Other than Octagon obviously, this is my favorite business duo. Sadly, I find Cub a bit hard to write for whatever reason. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was writing this around the same time as Going Mad, so I have two chapters in a week. :D

Bye!