Chapter 5

Gabriel's POV

I paced in our family's library, feeling a little nervous about what's about to happen in a few minutes.

"Bunny, please relax. You're making me feel nervous" Granny said sipping her tea.

"I'm sorry, Granny. It's just. Why should I do this? Isn't this your job?" I asked.

She scrunched her nose, like she smelt something awful.

"I beg your pardon?! I'm not the one getting crowded the next queen, or getting married, am I? This is your problem so deal with it, it's just a few girls coming over, don't be such a sour puss" she said.

"It's king...not queen, Granny"

"With the way you're acting, might as well be crowned a queen instead"

I laughed at what she told me. "How many is a few?" I asked.

"Fifteen, I believe" she smiled.

Ugh. Great, fifteen girls are coming over from around the world to 'hangout' with me, more like drool over me and act dumb. Sometimes I wish my younger brother could take over instead of me but he's more rebellious than I am.

"That reminds me, have you heard from Marcus lately?" I asked.

She shook her head "That boy...Only the lord knows where he could have gone. It's been five months since we last seen him, hopefully his doing alright, where ever he is" Granny said.

The wooden oak doors creaked open, one of our butlers came in "Sorry, to interrupt your highness and majesty. I came to inform you that the girls have arrived and will be waiting in the garden" he said.

I nodded my head.

"Thank you, alert them that we will be there shortly" Granny spoke.

"Of course your majesty" he said then left out the door.

There's only one girl I want to become my queen.

We left downstairs to the garden, fifteen young ladies stood in a line waiting for us, they bowed as we took our seat.
It's been three hours and we've not even close to finishing, only 10 more girls to go, great.

"Granny, if I told you that I already found a girl, would you stop this madness?" I whispered to her.

"Of course. Do you think I enjoy doing this? I rather sit down in an empty white room staring at the ceiling then sit here and listen to all there blabbering mouths" she sighed.

"But it's my duty as your Granny to make sure that you bunny find the right girl, even if I have to go through all this silliness" she smiled at me.

Maybe I should wait and tell her...

Another three hours pasted and we finally finished with all the ladies.

"It's getting late, shall we just call it a night?" I asked, stretching.

"Oh, dear heavens yes. If I see another girl, I think I'm going to go mad" she laughed.

There was a knock at the door.

"I'll get it. I'll get it" I said walking towards the door.

Opening the door, I saw my younger brother. His clothes were filthy and bloody, his face had cuts and bruises on on it and he was out of breath.

"What the bloody hell happened to you, Marcus?!" I said helping him up to the couch.

"Someone call the nurse, hurry!" I yelled.

Granny came running downstairs, once she laid eyes on Marcus, tears swelled up in her eyes.

"Dear heavens, what happened to my precious little gum ball?!" She cried.

Yep. She has nicknames for us. Mines is bunny, since I was little and every time I had sweets I would hop around like a bunny. And Marcus is gum ball since when is favorite candy is gum balls.

"Marcus Albert Fergus Hamish Alexander III, what on earth happened? Who did this to you?! I don't think my weak old heart could take this much" Granny cried.

"I'm sorry. I just got mixed up with these bad people, I'm sorry" he sighed.

This is the first I heard the rebellious young prince say 'I'm sorry' but this isn't the right time for this, I can't believe someone did this to him, I warn him to stay away from bad people.

"I'll kill them. I swear it" I said with rage.

"Calm down, Bro" he said weakly.

"Gabriel, dear. Help me bring him to his bed, please. He's should be awfully tired" she smiled weakly.

We help him up stair into his bed, the nurses attended his wounds and put clean clothes on him.

I left to my room, pacing back and forth. If mum and dad found out that there son came home like this after disappearing for five months they'll have a heart attack.

It's best to keep this hidden between us three, for there sake and the media.

Granny entered the room "I've contacted the Academy, he'll be starting school in a few days more like week when he's well. Relax, Gabriel. At least he came home safe with all his body parts attached, he's safe now" she laughed at me, gave me a kiss on the forehead.

"Granny, that's not funny" I smiled.

"I know, I'm sorry. See, but you smiled. I love you, bunny. Goodnight"

"Thank you, Granny. I love you too, goodnight" I said, she gave me a kiss on the head and left for bed.

She's right. At least he's safe, now. Crap. He's going to the Academy?! Two princes at one school, this is going to be really fun.