Chapter 15

Angela's POV

*Short Chapter*

"That went well, huh?" I joked, Gabriel tried his best to keep his face straight but ended up chuckling. "That's not funny, princess" he stopped laughing, I mutter sorry.

The queen went to bed early because she had a meeting with the council in the morning. It's pouring hard outside, traffic is hell and the news reporters informed everyone to stay inside there homes, it seems to be a hurricane. I am terribly horribly afraid of thunder, I don't want Gabriel to know my weakness.

"It seems we have to sleep here. The rain doesn't look like it'll stop anytime soon" he said staring outside the window.

"Great" I said sarcastically.

"What happened while we were gone?"

I sighed. "I already told you what happened"

"You're a great actress princess but it's going to take more then a silly lie like that to fool me. Now, I want the truth and nothing but the truth you hear me" he ordered.

There's something about his business tone that causes me to have goosebumps.

"Fine. You want the truth here it is. It seems in her eyes I took her something special from her grasp and she didn't like. She tried to be unreasonable and rude therefore I had to...let's say put her in her place. The end" I smiled.

I definitely wasn't expecting her to slap me in the face. I thought she'd throw water at me, if it wasn't for the queen she'd be in the hospital with a broken body. Good thing my parents taught me be better too. She wants to play chess, I'll show her how a pro plays.

He eyed me the shakes his head in disappointment then laughed. "You are one wicked girl, you know that? But that's what I like about you. You don't allow anyone to walk over you or boss you around, you're independent, smart, devious and wickedly beautiful"

"Was that last part suppose to be a complement?"

"If you want it to be. Come let me show you your room, unless you want to sleep with-"

"I'll pass"

"Ok but offer still stands"

We walked in the maze castle to the fifth floor, I'm glad they have an elevator. The room was huge and elegant of course, beige and white spread through the room with a king bathroom and bed. Clothes were on the bed, a silk purple and black night gown, a silk black robe and slippers.

"Here we are. I'll be across the hall if you need me" he said leaving.

"Thank you" I said before he closed the door.

"Anything for my princess" he winked and closed the door behind him.

I blushed.

I took a shower and washed me hair, walking to my bed I noticed the huge glass window.

I really hate rain.

A loud thunder sound appeared and the whole lights turned off.

You got to be freaking kidding me?! This is a freaking castle for goodness sakes, why would the lights turn off?! Oh no, darkness, thunder.

Another thunder echoed louder then the last one, I squealed and ran crying to the corner covering my ears.

"Think of your quiet place. Think of your quiet place-"

Another one echoed through the castle.

I need to find Gabriel. Now! But I'm too scared to move.

Quickly I got myself together and ran out the door, it's more darker outside then the room. The sound of thunder roared like a lion, I squealed louder still covering my ears. I could go any further, I was too scared and the tears are making my eyes blurry. I hid in the corner, my knees to my chest and my hands over my ears.

"Gabriel...Gabriel...Gabriel. Please save me, please" I said, my eyes were close. I felt a hand my shoulder, I jolted up.

There stood Gabriel shirtless with at least pajama pants on. "Why are you out here? What's wrong? Why are you crying? Are you alright?" He asked.

"I'm fine-" Another lions roar filled my ears and I squealed like a scared little girl, my eyes shut my hand on my ears.

"It's alright, princess. I'm here, I'll always be here. There's no need to be afraid" he said hugging me.

I don't know why but his voice calmed me down. I hugged him back, he picked me up bridal style to his room.

"Want to sleep with me, tonight? I'll sleep on the floor" he said putting me on the bed. Quickly I grabbed he's wrist. I looked outside and back to him. "Please, don't. Stay, please" I said.

This'll be my first time alone in a room with a guy plus sleeping with one not including my brother when we were kids.

Gabriel walked to the other side and slid into the sheet making sure he keeps a distance between us.

"Gabriel?" I asked.

"Yes?"

"Can you...come closer?" I asked, he looked behind at me and nodded. He scooted a little closer "More" I said and he did as told.

"More" I repeated and he did as told again. I kept repeating until we were face to face.

He's is really handsome.

"Is this fine?" He asked and I nodded, he closed his eyes. I still didn't feel safe enough to sleep but I could feel his warmth.

"Gabriel?" I asked.

His eyes still closed "Yes?"

"Can you...hug me?"

Both his eyes opened rapidly, he eyed me, gulped and nodded. I scooted up a little, I felt his big strong hand wrapped around my waist tightly but not too tight.

I laid my head on his chest, I could smell his cologne. I'm getting way to attached to him but for some reason I don't care anymore. I'm not going to lie but I feel a connection to him, like I can tell him anything in the world and he wouldn't judge me or look at me a different way. I don't know what it means, still I like this fuzzy warm feeling I get when I'm around him.

I closed my eyes "Gabriel?" I asked in a sleepy voice.

"Yes? What is it this time? What you want a kiss goodnight too?" He joked.

"N-No. Don't be ridiculous"

"-Thank you" I said falling into deep sleep, I couldn't hear what he told me but I know it was sweet.