Chapter 20

Angela's POV

There was a knock at the door "Sweetie, may I come in?" my mother asked.

My parents were happy I came back, mostly my dad since I am a daddy's girl. I told them everything about what happened at school but I left out the part about me and Gabriel's kiss, it would be a disaster if I told them. Mom would hear wedding bells and dad would be hearing funeral music.

I watched as my mom walked into my room and sat at the edge of my bed. "Don't you think it's time to go outside? I mean look at you. You've been stuck in this room since you came back home. Still wearing the same black sweatpants, grey hoodie and Christmas socks. Look at your face and hair, it's lifeless" she signed.

I groaned, and we turn to the TV "Nightmare on elm street? That's a weird movie to pour out feelings to but I guess that's a start" she shrugged. "Anyway. I wanted to check if you were still breathing, dinners in the fridge. Me and your father are going to our dinner date, call if you need anything. Love you" she said giving me a kiss on the head and walking out the door.

It keeps replaying into my mind.
"Just...disappear out of my life" Gabriel said.

What did I do wrong? How can he be such...such a buttface?! My chest feels like it's on fire, my heart hurts like crazy when I remember what he said to me. I knew I shouldn't have gotten to close to him and moved out when I had a chance but I'm so stupid to have stuck around him. Well, I can't just stay in here and sulk around.

I forced myself up and took a long shower while shampooing my hair. Feeling refreshed, I threw on a pair of jeans, my pink sweater and my fluffy house slippers.

I heard the door bell downstairs.

"I'm coming, stand by" I yelled.

Opening the door, there stood the one person I wished I'd haven't meet ever in the life.

As I was about to slam the door in his face before I started crying, he put his foot to stop the door.

"Gabriel?" I gasped.

"Angela..." he said

The sound of his voice hurts me even deeper.

"Please, just listen. I wasn't thinking. I guess I was kind of scared to fall in love, so I kept telling myself that I wanted to keep you safe...from myself. Then I realized I can't live with out you, you probably won't believe if I say this but-"

"-Are you done?" I said, tears falling from my face.

Before I could turn around, Gabriel pulled my face and kissed me, those same feelings from our last kiss filled my body.

Gabriel pulled away and smiled at me with those perfect dimples I loved so much. He leaned to my ear and whispered those three magic words, my heart skipped a beat.

"W-What? Are you serious?" I asked, he nodded his head and kissed me again.

"As the plague, Angela" he said, wiping the tears away with his thumb.

"You're still an ass" I sniffed.

"Yes, I am but I'm your ass" he smiled. "I'm really sorry, love. Can you forgive this ass?" he joked.

"It might take some time but I can see what I can do. Now, are you hungry?" I asked.

Please, say no. Say no.

"I am kind of famished, actually. Let me get an Angela special please. Wait. Where are your parents?" he said.

Damn it. Please, don't die. I'm sorry.

"Oh, they went to there dinner date and won't be back till midnight" I said quickly running into the kitchen. I ripped off the sign that said in bold word: Angela is forbidden to step into this kitchen.

You almost burned down the house twice and they hold a huge grudge against you and put a sign in the kitchen. I tried to bake some cupcakes for dad for Father's Day and cook dinner but it didn't end well even though I followed nonna's cook book.

My mom taught me and my brother how to cook, I don't understand how I got cursed not knowing how to cook, both my parents and families can't understand either.

I don't know what came over me when I asked Gabriel if he was hungry, hopefully I don't kill him.

"Shít...shít. Think Angela, think. What can I make that I won't end up burning the house down? Uh...Oh, I got it. Spaghetti" I said to myself.

Quickly I got started on cooking.

Oh, years of learning to cook, don't fail me now, please.

What do I do first? I think...oh right. We need a pot and put the spaghetti in? Or do we put the sauce?

Damn it, this is too much pressure.

A few minutes later, Gabriel ran into the kitchen coughing. I turned off the smoke alarm and opened up the kitchen window.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

"I...I" I stuttered

"What happened?" he asked.

I took in a deep breathe "I don't know how to cook. I'm sorry" I said.

Gabriel laughed "It's ok. I won't hold it against you, not everyone was born to know with a gift. How about you go relax and I'll cook dinner for us, huh" he said, I nodded. He gave me a peck and shoved me out of the kitchen.

Ever since I was little, I was taught that then only thing to get to a mans heart, is cooking. Sadly, it was my brother who was born of the gift, not me.

An hour later Gabriel called me to the dinner table. I was so amazed at what I seen, he was blessed with the gift of cooking.

Spaghetti and meatballs, Lasagna, Pesto Ravioli with Chicken, stuffed chicken and Garlic bread.

I was in food heaven, who'd think that Gabriel knew how to cook this good? I knew I was drooling but who cares, this was a beautiful sight.

"Where and when did you lean to cook like this?" I asked, Gabriel pulled out a chair for me sit.

"Wait, till you try it. I learned when I was younger when my parents weren't home, I made the chef teach me" he said.

"Are these all-"

"Yep. Ever since I heard about you being Italian, I practiced in cooking all the dishes" he blushed.

"But why?" I asked.

"It's a bit embarrassing. I wanted to impress you" he smiled.

"I-Impress me? Well, you did a hell of a great job doing so" I said, taking a bite out of each portion.

It's like tasting my nonna's homemade dishes.

I heard the door open and my parents voices. "What's going on here?" I heard my fathers voice roared. Me and Gabriel quickly stood up, speechless and terrified.

Uh oh. We're in trouble, hopefully it doesn't end badly.