Chapter 8

Angela's POV

What just happened? I'm his and only his? Nobody owns me but me, he must be drunk off of stupidity or something. Why couldn't I push him away? Damn you, Gabriel.

I hate myself more than him right now, I never let this happened to me before, I usually kick the guys ass but why couldn't I with him?

Today's the masquerade ball, I'm not going let this to ruin my chance to prove to my father that I can run the business on my own, I just need to focus on my purpose and I will succeed. The ball doesn't start till around 7ish, I have time to get ready and still go to class on time if I hurry up. Quickly I put the box Troy gave me on my bed, did morning dues, took a shower, put on my uniform and rushed off to class. The play has been postponed for some odd reason, someone told me we're getting a new theater teacher.

"Ms.Rossi, you're here early. Class doesn't start till another 15mins" My teacher Mrs.Addy said.

I smiled at her "Well, you know the the saying the early bird gets the worm"

"True. Since you're here early, can you help me?"

"Sure, what can I do to help?"

"Great. Bring these books to the new theater teacher, please. I forgot to bring it to him" she said handing me the books.

"It's another guy?"

"A hot guy at that. Wait till you see him" she winked.

I wonder how he looks.

Walking out of class and towards the theater room, I opened the door. There stood a man in front of the board in a blue collared polo shirt and slacks, I was facing his back.

"Hello. Mrs.Addy told me to drop these off to your class. Here you go" I said dropping the books on his desk.

"It's nice to hear your voice again, my sweet Angela" he spoke, putting down the chalk.

He really sounds familiar.

"Excuse me?"

"You thought you could run away from me? You thought wrong" he slowly turned around.

I was facing with the devil himself.

"D-Derek..?" I breathe out.

"In the flesh" he sent me one of he signature smiles.

"What-What are you doing here? I thought my brother beating you to a pulp made you finally understand that I didn't want anything to do with you anymore" I said crossing my arms.

"Aren't you feisty, now? I like it. It reminds me of your mother"

"Don't you dare speak of my mother, Derek. What are you doing here anyways? I know of your plan before therefore there is no way you can manipulate me again"

"You're right but that's not what I came here for, my sweet Angela"

"Then what?"

"Aren't you curious to know?"

"You do know the saying, curiosity killed the cat but satisfaction brought it back" I fake smiled.

"I love this new you" he said stepping closer, I backed up. He locked me against the corner "Awh, how I've missed these beautiful ocean blue eyes of yours, so filled with sad untold stories, and innocent I will be enjoying ripping away from you" he smirked.

I tried to use one of my combat moves but he knows all of them plus he's gotten more stronger then last time.

Damn it.

"Tsk Tsk Tsk, I would have thought you knew by now that your moves doesn't work on me anymore" he leaned forward and smelled my hair "The sweet smell of vanilla, oh how I've missed it. I know you miss me two, you were deeply in love with me. So naïve so gullible, small little girls heart which I tore part piece by piece" he spoke in my ear.

I hate him. I hate him. I can't believe I feel in love with him, maybe I'm still in lo- no. no. I'm not, he treated me like a queen only to get the one thing he loves. Money. Don't you dare shed a tear, you're much stronger now.

"You're right I was naïve, naïve to think a lowlife, coldhearted arrogant, selfish, brute, jack ass like you could ever love anything else but money that's why you will live and die alone with nothing, you are nothing, you will always be nothing" I said finally gaining the strength to push him off me. He looked at me shocked of my words.

"Well, if you excuse me I have another class to go to and if I was you I'll stay far away from me or I'll make you regret it 10 times worse than last time. See you around Derek" I waved goodbye.

I have to let father know immediately. He's up to something, he's always up to something.

Rest of my classes went by fast, now knowing Derek was my new theater teacher, Gabriel acting stranger than usual and Marcus suddenly acting interested in me, I'd say I've got my hands full.

I texted everyone to get dress now, opening the box there was a sleeveless floor length purple and black laced mermaid ballroom dress that would hug my body all in the right places with a gold and black mask.

Thank you, mother. Yep, she definitely knows my kind style.

Quickly, I took a shower and got dressed. Since I'll be wearing a mask there's no need for a lot of makeup, so I put a tad of makeup, curled my hair, put in my gold accessories, and my black heels.

Done. Just in time.

Everyone texted me they were finished, I sent them all the address.

Now, I wait for Marcus.

There was a knock at the door, rushing towards the door and opening it, there stood Gabriel with a tux and a mask, his hair was gelled to the back and his cologne was stronger, I can't lie, he did look pretty hot in that tux.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Yea, thanks I know I look good but thanks for the compliment" he smiled.

"Sorry, that was really rude of me. Hey, Gabriel. Wow, you clean up nice but what are you doing here?" I said sarcastically.

He chuckled. Looped his arm around mines.

"Thanks but I thought it was obvious"

"What?"

"I'm taking my beautifully breathtaking date named Angela Rossi to the masquerade ball tonight" he smiled with this dimples.

Wait. Excuse me?! Where's Marcus? Why is these terrible surprises always happening to me?! I can't let this get to me, not tonight. Just suck it up and get it over with.

I signed, looped my arm around his "Let's just get this over with, Gabriel" I said, he winked at me and I rolled my eyes.

This is going to be a really long night.