Chapter 9

Angela's POV

What if they found out his was the prince? That'll ruin my chance to wheel in Mr.Símon and make that business deal final.

"A penny for your thoughts?" Gabriel said.

"Pardon?" I asked, facing him.

"You're lost in your thoughts, what are you thinking so much about?"

"Well, it's just that. Isn't everyone going to notice that you're the prince?"

He laughed. "Not if we tell them, that is. For tonight, I'm no longer known as Prince Gabriel Alexander III but your date Christofer Miller, ok?"

"Uh. O-Ok. Hey, Gabriel?" I said staring at my lap.

"Yea?"

"...Thanks for coming" I smiled, he smiled back at me "Sure. Anything for you, Angela" he spoke.

I blushed.

We made it to the Masquerade ball just in the nick of time.

One thing was on my mind: Look for Mr.Símon and close the deal.

Gabriel opened my door for me and helped me out, he looped his arm around mine as we walked toward the entrance.

Why does his touch give me goosebumps?!

"Names please?" The butler asked.

"Ms.Rossi and her...date. I have four people coming as my guests, alert me when they arrive" I spoke. He nodded and let us in.

Me and Gabriel walked in not surprised of the expensive fancy surroundings, I guess we're both are use to it.

Scanning the room, I finally found Mr. Símon talking with a group of men.

Here's my chance.

"I'll be back. When they announce that's it's time to eat, I'll meet you at our table" I told Gabriel who just nodded and walked the other direction.

I grabbed a champagne glass and walked up to Mr.Símon swaying my hips, everyone's eyes were on me as I made my way toward him, even Mr.Símon himself couldn't take his eyes off me.

Time for my signature move.

"Mr.Símon, it's an honor to meet you" I smiled, shaking his hands.

"Have we meet before? I know I would never forget a beauty like you especially with bright ocean blue eyes like yours" he winked.

"Is this the famous Mr.Símon signature flirting moves? I'm impressed"

"Beauty, and funny. I do say you really caught my attention, beautiful" he smiled.

Gotcha.

"Oh, dear. Where are my manners? I apologize. Ms.Rossi, Angela Rossi" I said, his eyes widen, scanning my body.

"As in Angel Rossi, is your father? You're the famous heiress? What an honor indeed"

I nodded. Taking a sip of my champagne, I licked my lips, I knew his eyes were on me.

"Yes. He is my father and I'm the next head for the company. Could we talk for a moment, Mr.Símon. I'd like to discuss...business with you, please" I said, he nodded and we left to his table.

We talked about the business, father was right he was a stubborn hard nut to crack but not hard enough to make me back down.

He accepted.

I found Gabriel sitting at our table "Sorry, I took so long. I had a business deal to make final" I said.

"It's alright, Angela. There's no need to apologize. I understand completely" he said, he suddenly stood up.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"To take my date to dance of course, and don't lie to me. I know, you know how to ball room dance, too" he smiled.

I huffed.

I stood up and he led us to the dance floor, his right hand on my bottom back and the left in my hand as we dance to the soft music.

Stupid goosebumps.

He was leading.

My song came on: Jazmine Sullivan- Bust your windows.

"I do say, Ms.Rossi. You are surprisingly amazing at ball room/tango dancing, you haven't stepped on my foot not once, I'm really utterly impress"

"Why, thank you, Mr. Alexander III. You're not to bad yourself, If I might add" I laughed.

"Wow"

"What?"

"You...You just have the most beautiful laugh" he smiled.

I blushed.

"Oh. Uh. T-Thanks"

"Yea. You're right, my laugh is magnificent too" he joked.

"Really?" I asked, he nodded "Fine. Wow, Gabriel. You have the most magnificent laugh" I said sarcastically.

Suddenly the music cut off and a man stood on stage with a microphone in his hand, smiling like and idiot.

"Hey, everyone. Rumor has it that the Prince of England has come to this masquerade ball and is hiding" he said, everyone went crazy and by everyone I mean the women and some men. They stared ripping off every males mask.

"We need to leave. Like, now!" I said, grabbing Gabriel's arm and running towards the door.

"Look there he his" a women yelled, I looked behind me and notice Gabriel's mask fell off. Everyone pulled out there phone to try and take a photo. We back up to the wall, looking to my left I noticed there was a light switch next to me.

Perfect.

"You guys want a show? I'll give you a show" I said switching off the lights, thank goodness for my photogenic memory that I remembered were the exit was. We ran out the door toward the car and drove off before anyone followed us back to campus.

I am extremely exhausted.

Walking to our room, Marcus stood at the door.

"Marcus, what are you doing here?" I asked, taking off my mask.

"I was waiting for you"

"For me?" I asked, he nodded.

"Hello, big brother" he smiled, Gabriel looked as if he was going to punch him right in the face by the way he was clenching his fists.

"Why didn't you come to the ball?" I asked.

"Well, it seemed as if someone had locked me in my room, making me lose the chance to dance with you cupcake" he said, looking at his brother.

"Who'd do that? I wonder"

"I wonder, too. How was the ball?" He asked.

"It was great, until someone squealed that the prince had arrived, then we had to run out" I said exhausted.

"What a bummer. I wish I would have seen it" he smiled at Gabriel.

"You little piece of shit. You-You didn't" Gabriel said walking up to Marcus who stood his ground.

What's going on?

"If someone plays dirty with me, I get even, big brother. Goodnight, Cupcake" he winked walking off.

"We're not through talking, little brother" Gabriel roared.

"Well, I am. This is a war, big brother and I guess I just won the first round. Kill or be killed, remember that on the battlefield, next time, big brother" he laughed.

I am really beyond confused.

"Marcus!" Gabriel yelled but Marcus ignored him and kept on walking away. Gabriel muttered something under his breathe and left to the car then drove off.

Gabriel's fist was turning white, he had murderous eyes. What in the name of cheeseballs is going on with these two?!