Make it easy

I'm back babbyyyyy
And I am so tired it's insane
As per usual I wrote this in one go and didn't look back once (1) to check for errors so you know, read with caution.

Enjoy

Draco doesn't quite know how he had ended up in this situation, sharing a house with the actual saviour of the wizarding world and his good old nemesis from back in the day.

But as he had walked into the safe house allocated to him by the ministry there was Harry, casual as anything, sprawled out on the couch in sweatpants and a hoodie. Reading what looked like an old potions book and looking distressingly good while doing it.

What, and Draco means this with his entire heart and soul, the fück.

—-

The mess had started when Draco became an auror to be honest. There had been an outrage among the public when it got leaked that he had officially joined the wizarding police. It hadn't taken more than a month or two to realise that putting Draco out in the field was often just not possible. Not only would the people he was tasked at bringing in target him, but his fellow aurors weren't subtle with their own distaste and on rare occasions misfired or directed spells.

So he spent his first six months more or less chained to a desk, which would have been fine if it wasn't so boring. He wasn't even allowed to help in the more interesting cases because all of the leading aurors hated him.
Then, suddenly and abruptly, there was Harry Potter.

Draco had of course been aware that they joined at the same time. But between his own efforts at staying away, and the higher ups efforts at keeping them far apart, they'd barely ever run into each other.

(When they had it had been quite awkward and Draco had to use a bit more of his brainpower than he would've preferred to not notice how big and healthy looking Harry had gotten).

(He still noticed)

Because after spending years in the run, being abused and starving it turned out that once Harry got some food and 90% of the stress taken away he could really bloom. And bloomed he had, Draco is sure he's grown taller somehow and had started working on maybe not a tan but a healthy glow to his complexion rather than the pallid look Draco himself had going on. Furthermore he's apparently been working out or doing something because he had shoulders for actual days and forearms wired with muscle, not that Draco had noticed of course. He just spent a lot of time in the cubicle next to a fifty year old witch who he personally thought was a bit too interested in Potter.

But appearance wasn't the only change Draco discovered, when half a year into them working not together but parallel to each other Harry had volunteered to take him as a partner.
An older auror had tried to talk him out of it, "it's Malfoy" he'd sneered as they walked up to Dracos desk, and Harry had given him a cool look in return.

"No" he'd said, tone flat as could be, "really? I hadn't noticed" he continued to stare as their colleague sputtered as his face turned more and more red. Only to then endup nodding while making some sort of disapproving noise still, and then abruptly walking away. Which was quite fascinating on its own, but especially to Draco who could've sworn the same man had once tried to hit him with a stupefying curse. He had watched as the man basically ran away with his tail between his legs and couldn't help the small disbelieving smile on his face.

"What was that about?" Draco had asked eventually, turning his head up to look at Harry who was already staring down at him.
How he looked good while backlit by the worst coloured magical lighting system in the building Draco had no idea, but he did. Or Draco assumed at least since Bertha from the cubicle next to him was basically falling out of it too ogle at him. Which was honestly just unprofessional which in turn was the reason Draco had sent her an icy stare that made here quickly get back to her own desk, before turning back to hear Harry's response.