Chocolates and rings

Long time no see, enjoy Xx.

Harry woke up to an apartment filled to the brim with roses and chocolate and an empty bed. He groaned and sat up looking around searching for his absent boyfriend.

He got up and made his way to the kitchen rubbing his eyes when he heard Draco's humming and he smiled slightly only to look up to find the blonde halfway through a box of chocolate with a rose stuck behind his ear.

"So usually I don't like all the girls sending you chocolate, but can we like call this one? These homemade chocolates are amazing" Draco said when he saw Harry emerge from the bedroom.

"Yes why don't I call one of my admirers and tell her to come over and make more chocolate, what could possibly go wrong" Harry snickered preparing his breakfast,opting for cereal instead of the various chocolates on display.

"On second thought store bought chocolates are great" Draco agreed smiling before opening another box and reading the cards "some of these are very touching Harry" he mused reading what was no doubt a letter from some thirteen year old child, Harry didn't understand why they insisted on idolizing him.

It was quiet as Draco continued to try out chocolates and Harry ate cereal before he prepared coffee for the both of them, they had long since agreed that Draco was never allowed to touch a coffee machine.

"Try this!" Draco smiled as Harry gave him his cup of coffee and Draco fed him some sort of chocolate with red dust on it, it was surprisingly good.

"I might have to replace you for whoever made these" Harry joked kissing his boyfriends head and then he returned to his previous seat at the table.

"Good luck" Draco snorted "They were for me, so maybe I will replace you" he said grinning as Harry spun around pouting.

"You get a lot of valentines gifts?" Harry asked sulking, it was of course no different than when he got it but he didn't like it. Draco laughed and walked over straddling his boyfriend and putting his hands behind Harry's neck smiling.

"Don't worry, I don't really fancy dating thirteen year olds" he said kissing the raven haired man "however, if a handsome, rich, over 18 man sends me a love letter, I make no promises" he teased and Harry buried his head in his neck mumbling something sounding very close to 'dic.k'. Draco just laughed.

But when he got off Harry's lap and went to walk away Harry tugged him back by his hand and held out a single red rose to him smiling.

"Be my valentine?" He asked smiling.

"Of course" Draco replied giving him a kiss.

"Also" Harry said looking quite nervous "Would you like to, um, you know, uh, come out with me?" Harry said wincing at how awkward he was and slowly opened his eyes to find a shocked Draco standing there.

"Really?" The blonde asked and Harry gave a quick nod earning him a kiss "Yeah I would love to"

"I love you" Harry whispered.

"I love you too"

- - - - - - - - - -

Harry and Draco left the house hand in hand for the first time since they had started dating at five that evening and got into the car together.

Harry was nervous he and Draco had never been out together in the open before, hey had been on dates of course but only in hidden away places in the muggle world or picnics in the middle of no where.

Of course Harry wasn't embarrassed, he loved Draco more than anything and he wanted to let everyone know he did but he had been scared that his friends would be disappointed or angry. But no more.

"Are you sure?" Draco whispered as he car came to a stop and Harry leaned over to peck his mouth quickly.

"Absolutely" he whispered before opening his door and rounding the car to open Draco's too.

As they left the car outside one of the most prestigious and popular restaurants in the wizard world Harry grabbed Draco's hand and squeezed it offering Draco a smile.

Draco seemed to be more nervous than Harry as they entered the restaurant and stopped holding hands to get their coats taken care of. They made their way to the front of the restaurant where a lady was waiting with two menus ready to lead them to their table.

"Table for two under Potter I presume" She smiled "This way" she walked off when Harry nodded.

As they walked after her Harry grabbed Draco's hand again and gave him another heartfelt smile when they got to the candlelit table topped with roses.

Draco blushed slightly as he sat down and Harry smiled brighter and ordered some champagne for them.

"Everyone is staring" Draco said, but he was smiling.

"But you like it?" Harry asked hopefully.

"I love it" Draco confirmed grabbing his hand from across the table "I hear the salmon is good" Draco said somehow managing to open the menu with one hand (Harry suspected magic as he struggled to do it himself as Draco gave him an unimpressed look).

"I think lobster sounds great" Harry said wiggling his eyebrows as Draco laughed.

"Hoping to get lucky tonight Potter?" Draco laughed as he went back to the menu.

"I'm lucky every night I get to sleep next to you" Harry said and Draco couldn't not look up and meet his boyfriends honest eyes. "I mean it Draco you're by far the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I hope that you would want to stay with me for as long as possible, sorry I was supposed to do this later but I can't wait"

Harry got onto the floor on one knee as Draco stared wide eyed at him pulling out a small black velvet box out of his pocket.

"Draco I love you, and I know I always will, so will you marry me?" It wasn't a big speech, but it was more than enough for Draco.

"Yes" he whispered nodding "of course I will Harry"

Harry quickly got up and put the ring on his finger before kissing him as the entire restaurant just sort of stared at them.
After another kiss and mumbled 'I love you's the champagne arrived and the waiter smiled congratulating them and announcing that he meal was on the house.

They spent the rest of the night laughing and eating before going home to their house and falling asleep tangled up together content and so, so happy.

But not as happy as they were five months later as they ran out of a church into the warm summer air laughing together with friends and family around them.

Quick little one shot still working on prompt also send me more to get me out of this writers block :D