The musical

So I already explained my hiatus but as a sorry I bring to you this seven thousand, that's right seven thousand, long high school AU one shot and I hope you enjoy it!

~themoosstrikesagain

"You gonna audition?" Pansy smirked as Draco stood eyeing the colorful poster informing them that the school was doing Grease the musical this year.
Pansy's only response was a glare and the back of a blonde head as Draco walked away to her cackling.

They didn't see each other again until that afternoon when Pansy walked into the music room in the middle of him singing defying gravity.
Even though she knew about his singing it still startled him when she came in and he abruptly closed his mouth cheeks tinting the slightest of pink against his will.

"You have talent you know" Pansy said as she put her bag down and waved for him to continue, when he didn't she did instead "I was serious about the Grease thing, not only would you be great but I'm thinking Harry might be involved and you two can spend some quality time together, if you know what I mean." she wiggled her eyebrows suggestively at the last part and Draco couldn't even be bothered to hit her and instead just mumbled something about Harry probably not wanting to be in a school musical.  Pansy just shrugged.
"If he isn't in it he'll still have to watch it and he can fall in love with you."
This time Draco did hit her.

- - -

It came as quite a shock to the school when not a single girl, not one, auditioned for the lead role in the production of Grease. Flitwick was considering using his Danny as a bait but knew it was a low blow, half the girls in school would probably sign up to kiss the very charismatic Harry Potter but he couldn't just throw the poor boy to the sharks like that.

Harry Potter himself was really not that down about not having to lock lips with some random girl, or any girl at all actually, he was however pretty sad that the play might be cancelled.
Which was why he found himself wandering the halls around the music rooms trying to find a solution to the problem, and he did. In fact he found what he thought was the perfect solution when he stumbled upon a blonde boy singing in one of the rooms, and just like that Draco Malfoy's secret talent had been exposed.

- - -

"You have to do it!" Pansy said as she threw her bag into one chair and her body into another three days after Harry had found them and had practically begged Draco to join in on their Grease show, Draco just fiddled with his hands.
"He wants to do a gay musical with you Draco!  If that doesn't mean he's interested I don't know what does!" She threw her hands up as if to prove her point.

"For my voice" Draco whispered, but there was a small smile on his face which quickly disappeared when he realized Pansy was asking him to not only reveal his voice but to reveal it while in a gay musical.  For someone as far back in the closet as Draco the gay musical was more than too much on its own.
Pansy was going to speak up again but was interrupted before any words could escape her lips.

"Hey! I was hoping you would be here." Harry was leaning on the doorframe looking casual and relaxed while Draco's heart was beating so hard he was afraid the black haired boy would hear it. 
"I was coming to check if you are going to do the musical?"
He looked so hopeful and honestly Draco didn't know if he could crush that hope.

"I don't know" he said timidly and wincing inwardly as Harry frowned slightly.
"I just don't think my voice is good enough you know? And besides you need a female role not a male one!" He quickly explained trying to make Harry let it go and leave while simultaneously never wanting their conversation to end.  It would be an understatement to say Draco had a simple crush on the raven, and the boy himself really wasn't helping looking the way he did and being so close to the blonde.