Lonely christmas

A lil early Christmas one shot because I'm in a great mood.

Enjoy~

Draco sat staring at the gingerbread man he had just taken from the jar, he and Harry had baked a week prior and they were all a little wonky and off but he loved them. Normally he'd eat it straight away, but now it just reminded him that he'd be spending another Christmas alone. Even if he had been dating Harry for a year he knew he always spent Christmas at the burrow and he had a feeling an ex-deatheater wouldn't be welcome at their annual holiday fest.
And as much as he loved seeing his boyfriend and flat mate happy and excited for it, the incessant chatter was making him feel lonelier than ever.

He sighed and dunked the cookie into the prepared glass of milk supporting his face with a palm and pouting as he did. On one hand he was used to ignoring Christmas was a even a thing, Harry was that impossible this year though, on the other hand some part of him had hoped he would finally be with family (even if his only real family was the raven he lived with).

It was mid dunk that Harry came bustling into the apartment hat askew and dusted with a light layer of snow, bright cheeks and an even brighter smile. The way he looked Draco couldn't help but produce a smile of his own, and for a few moments their eyes met and their smiles became fonder. Until Harry snorted and Draco looked down to see that his gingerbread man was now cut of at the waist. He turned to frown at Harry, only to find he couldn't keep it up for more than a few seconds when the raven started to take off all of the layers he had put on against the cold.

He didn't divert his attention until Harry, in only jeans and an ugly Christmas sweater, put his ice cold fingers on his pale cheek and he jerked back glaring as his boyfriend laughed.
It didn't take long until they were kissing though and Draco got so into it he didn't even notice when Harry stole the rest of his gingerbread cookie until he pulled away to eat it with a smirk. The blonde just laughed at him and pulled him closer by the waist, nuzzling into his chest while Harry raked his hands through pale locks.
They stayed like that for several minutes, just enjoying the silence.

Until Harry remembered the parcels he had gotten from Molly Weasley just a few minutes earlier and abruptly pulled away, to the others disappointment, and practically skipped to the door to retrieve them.

"Molly finished these and wanted us to try them on before the party" He said excitedly handing Draco a brown package, at his confused face he elaborated "You know the party? The Weasley Christmas dinner?"

"Yeah I know you're going, but what am I trying on exactly?" The blonde said, poking the wrapping paper suspiciously, but backtracked quickly at Harry's face and quickly got up and wrapped his arms around the ravens trim waist "what did I say?" He inquired gently making Harry lift his face.

"You're not coming?" His boyfriend whispered looking, well he looked absolutely crushed at the prospect of not spending Christmas with Draco. Draco himself was just staring dumbly.

"I'm invited" he finally got out shocked and Harry's head whipped up with a face saying that of course you're invited.
"I just" Draco stammered "I thought it was for family only"

"You are family" Harry stated, his tone didn't leave any space for arguing and Draco didn't know how to deal with it. One of Harry's darker hands came up to cup his face.
"You're family to me so you're family to them"

Draco could barely hold back his tears when he responded.
"But I'm, I was a death eater Harry! They probably hate me and I wouldn't blame them I mean I-" Harry cut him off with a kiss when his breathing started to pick up and he slowly relaxed into it until they broke apart, foreheads still connected.
"Are you sure they want me there?" He asked and tried to look away from Harry's soft eyes, he only looked at Draco lol that and the blonde knew it.

"Molly's way of inviting me was sending Ron to ask if we were coming or not, not me, he asked if you and I were coming." He pecked Draco's pale nose before continuing "You're a part of their family now love. And you know no one blames you for your past." There was no stopping the tears this time, so Draco just let it out sobbing out a thank you as Harry held him and whispered quiet "I love you"s into his hair.

They opened their brown paper presents from mrs.Weasley once he calmed down, but he broke down again when he saw the green Weasley sweater with a big letter D on it. It took Harry nearly twenty minutes to calm him down enough that they could try on the garments, of course they fit perfectly, and they could enjoy a cuppa together at the table hands intertwined, a dopey smile on Draco's face and a fond one on Harry's.

They spent the entire day before Christmas like that, and for once Draco couldn't wait until he could go to sleep and wake up to a happy warm Christmas with his new family.

It's pretty short and a lil shitty but I'm trying to just write as much as I can to get my flow back (not sure if I've ever had any flow though but you can dream right).

I might make a second part with like the actual Christmas spent at the burrow? And let me know what you want to happen in the second part of "drawings on my hand" if someone actually still wants that hehe.

Anyway hope you all have a good one and thank you so much for reading!

-themoosstrikesagain