Dance the night away

"Mr.Malfoy!" McGonagall calles out loudly making the blonde turn from snickering with his friends to face her instead "You'll be the one teaching Potter"

"What" two voices synchronized before they turned to scowl at each other.
"Professor" Harry tried begging her with his eyes to not do this to him.

"Malfoy is the best dancer in Hogwarts and if you're to dance at the ballet o represent Hogwarts you need to learn" the old woman said her tone leaving no room for argument.

Malory of course didn't care how she said it, he couldn't be stuck dancing with Potter of all people, and tried arguing anyway.
"Professor I really have a lot of schoolwork to do! I don't have time for him" he spat the last word and gave the raven boy a glare as he did.

"I have of course talked to all of your other professors and they all think you're doing well enough to use some of your time here." The strict professor said giving both boys a look stopping them from opening their mouths again.
"You'll start tomorrow after supper and will practice at least every third day for the next four weeks."

Harry thought that was a little much, but then again he really wasn't good with this whole dancing thing so he just nodded uncomfortably and waited to be dismissed.

Draco's nod was a little more reluctant and accompanied by a scowl, but it was a nod nonetheless and McGonagall dismissed them so they could turn back to their friends who had watched the interaction attentively.

"She's mad if she thinks anything good will come out of this" Ron said looking Mcgongall in disbelief and Harry just sighed and turned to leave with everyone else.

- - -

"Malfoy" Harry greeted tearsly as the blonde walked into the almost empty classroom, he was only met with a nod and a turned away gaze.
"Look" Harry sighed "We have to do this, how about a truce for just this hour so we can get it over with?"

"Fine" Draco responded still looking rigid.  He stepped forward and offered his hand and Harry shook it before they awkwardly st open back not knowing where this left them.
"Do you know the steps?" Draco finally asked slightly helping the atmosphere in the room.

"Yeah.." Harry said sounding quite unsure "I just can't seem to get them to work together?".  Draco motioned for him to follow him into the middle of the room and with a flick of his wand and an incantation Harry didn't know soft music floated through the air.

"I assume you'll be leading?" Harry couldn't do more than bob his head up and down when Draco took his hands and guided them to their correct places.
"Your hands are gonna stay here, and then we'll just start from the beginning alright?"

It didn't take more than a step or two for a red faced Harry to do something wrong and they began from the beginning.  But after over half an hour he still wasn't getting it and as endearing his stumbling and blushing was (something Draco would never admit to thinking) it was getting ridiculous at this point.

"Alright let me lead and maybe it'll be easier" After seeing Harry's face he added a reassurance that he could just learn to lead later and they switched positions relatively smoothly.

It was easier like this Harry noticed, he felt much more secure with the akytherin leading him around the room and suddenly the steps made more sense to him.  It was still not a pretty sight but it was an improvement and with some practice Harry might even become a good dancer.
They finished and didn't say much as they left the classroom, both too caught up in their own thoughts to converse.