Photograph

Harry gently bit on his thumb as he stared down at the parchment he had filled with text. He intended to send it to Draco but didn't know how much damage it could cause. Life was finally calm and he cowered at the thought of making it a mess again.

He took a deep breath and attached a picture to the parchment before folding it neatly and putting it in an envelope. He gave the envelope to Ron's owl, he hadn't had the heart to get himself another one after Hedwig, and sent it.

He nervously chewed his thumb as he watched the bird circle down along the tower towards the dungeons.

Draco was sitting on his bed with a parchment in his lap contemplating what to write when the rugged owl landed on his windowsill. His eyebrows furrowed as he let the bird in .  He wondered briefly why Ron would be sending him letters. But then he remembered that Harry had yet to get himself another owl and hope sprung to life in his chest.

He timidly opened the letter and smiled at the handwriting he knew to be Harry's.

The first thing he noticed was the picture attached. It was just Harry standing with his quidditch uniform and a smile on his face but it triggered a smile from Draco as well. Then he started reading.

Loving can hurt
Loving can hurt sometimes
But it's the only thing that I know
When it gets hard
You know it can get hard sometimes
It is the only thing that makes us feel alive

We keep this love in a photograph
We made these memories for ourselves
Where our eyes are never closing
Hearts are never broken
Times forever frozen still

So you can keep me
Inside the pocket
Of your ripped jeans
Holdin' me closer
'Til our eyes meet
You won't ever be alone
Wait for me to come home

Loving can heal
Loving can mend your soul
And it's the only thing that I know
I swear it will get easier
Remember that with every piece of ya
And it's the only thing we take with us when we die

We keep this love in this photograph
We made these memories for ourselves
Where our eyes are never closing
Our hearts were never broken
Times forever frozen still

So you can keep me
Inside the pocket
Of your ripped jeans
Holdin' me closer
'Til our eyes meet
You won't ever be alone

And if you hurt me
That's okay, baby, only words bleed
Inside these pages you just hold me
And I won't ever let you go

I love you,
Harry

Draco had his hand over his mouth hiding the big smile adorning his features. He didn't know what ripped jeans were or why Harry was using baby as a term of endearment but he didn't care.

He snatched up the parchment in his lap and finally knew what to write.

And I can fit it inside the necklace I got when I was 16
Next to my heartbeat
Where you should be

Meet me outside the room of requirements in ten minutes.
Draco

Harry had recognised the cursive letters immediately and had rushed down to the room of requirements immediately after he read the contents of the letter.

When he arrived Draco was already leaning against the wall. He looked up when he heard Harry's footsteps closing in.

Draco watched as Harry stopped a meter away seemingly unsure of what to do next. Draco approached him and made sure to keep his face neutral.

"I love you too" he said and smiled at Harry's dazed face. Harry quickly snapped out of it and closed the remaining distance between them by connecting their lips.

Draco's hands went behind Harry's head, and Harry's hands went around Draco's waist as they kissed passionately in the abandoned hallway.

"What are ripped jeans?" Draco mumbled when they finally stopped to breath.

Harry let out breathy laugh and kissed him again instead of answering.