Fix You

It's another song fic bc I'm kinda stuck on them please send prompts though and get me out of my writers block :D

Fix you - Jai Waetford (originally Coldplay)

When you try your best but you don't succeed,

All Draco had ever wanted was to please his parents, all his life that had been his one goal.  And suddenly it wasn't, suddenly he had other things he wanted, things he craved, things he needed.

But he ignored them trying to stay focused on his parents wishes, trying to want what he always had thought he wanted, trying to want what he had always been told to want, but it was hard.

It took its toll on the blonde teen and as he was continually neglected the attention, affection and confirmation he craved he started to chase the goal with new vigour hoping that reaching it would bring those things with it.

When you get what you want,
But not what you need,

He had done it. He had finally made his parents proud and chosen the dark side.

So why did it feel so wrong? How come the side he had chosen felt like the wrong no matter how pleased his father had seemed.

And how come his mental state had only worsened even as his parents gave him a smidgen of acknowledgement, maybe it was because the betrayal and disappointment his classmates stares had conveyed weighed on him heavier than his parents nonchalant ignorance of him had in a very long time.

When you feel so tired,
But you can't sleep,
Stuck in reverse,

Draco woke up panting after a mere hour of sleep tears streaming down his face as he slowly recovered from the horrific dream.

This time the scene where he lied about Harry's identity manor had played out but he had revealed Harry instead and the dream had made quite and impact.

And the tears come streaming down your face,
And you lose something you can't replace,

Draco stared at his fathers tombstone, tears streamed down his face. But it wasn't because of his fathers death, he realised, it was because the one man who could've taken away just some of the pain from his childhood with a simple apology and an I love you, was dead. And he would never get back the years where he had cried silently in his room or the days spent in the manor when he would just rather die and most of all he would never get back the childhood that had been taken from him before he even got a taste of it.

When you love someone but it goes to waste,
Could it be worse?

Draco had spent the entire evening with a bottle in his hand trying to numb the pain as well as he was trying to coax his body into a dreamless sleep. For his nights seemed to be filled with distorted faces, Voldemort and his father. He took anther gulp of the burning liquid as Lucius entered his mind.

For all those years he had never given up on his father. He had always trusted in his choices and he loved him through it all.

Now he could not find the reason why.

Lights will guide you home,
And ignite your bones,
And I will try to fix you,

Draco saw a light closely resembling that of a wand further down the street and decided to go and warn the poor fellow who was about to get dragged in front of the ministry if he didn't put out the light.

When he got close enough to confirm that it was indeed a wand he pushed his messy hair out of his eyes and called out.

"Hey!" Tucking his hands into his own pocket holding onto his wand he continued "I would put that away unless you want the ministry to get a hold of you"

"Oh I wouldn't be so worried" the stranger said and a pleasant chill went down Draco's back "Draco?" The man said as he turned around and Draco was stood dumbstruck by the sudden appearance of his previous arch nemesis.

"what happened to you?" Harry said scanning the man in front of him, he looked so utterly sad "wait first lets get you inside I live right upstairs, come on" Harry said putting an arm around the still frozen blonde.

Draco was led up the stairs into a roomy apartment and he found that he wished he had cleaned up a little before entering the home of Harry Potter.

"So" Harry said after he had gotten Draco a change of clothes "what happened to you?"

"I don't know" Draco said looking down ashamed "after the war I just, I just kind of broke I guess." He said with a sigh and he didn't dare look up.

"Well" Harry said tilting Dracos head up making him meet his eyes "I'm sure that we can fix you" Harry finished with a sincere smile and he hesitantly leaned forward almost closing the gap between their lips slowly stopping just before they met. He looked at Draco questionably before Draco closed the gap and their lips met in a slow languid kiss.

"Yeah" Draco agreed "I think you can fix me."

Two updates in a day :O well I am going away so I figured I could at least leave with two oneshots (although short) instead of just one :P. Not sure how I feel about this one and I know both have errors in them but it's twelve at night and I've been traveling for seven hours :P so I'll fix it later.

Vote and comment :D and hope you liked them :D