Chapter 2

Meanwhile, at Wayne Manor, stately home of Millionaire Bruce Wayne and his youthful ward Dick Grayson...

"Alright, take it from the top, Dick. Besides its famous apes and the part it's always played in history, the rock of Gibraltar is also famous for..." said Bruce quizzically.

"It's the ket to the Mediterranean" Dick guessed.

"Ah, right, Dick. You might make that the keynote of your geography paper" said Bruce.

Dick then noticed that his chum was rubbing his forehead.

"A headache, Bruce?" he said.

"No, no, just a bit weary. But thanks to the brief respite from crime fighting which we seem to be enjoying, my energies will be quickly restored" said Bruce.

In headquarters, the Warriors had just explained to the commissioner and Chief O'Hara what the Joker was doing.

"How strange, Warriors. Every prank you saw had to do with keys?" said Commissioner Gordon.

"Yeah, commissioner" said Charles Wallace. 

"What? Upside down? Pointing the wrong way? Well, we'll get right on it" said Chief O'Hara hanging up the phone.

"Who was it?" said the Warriors in unison.

"That was the manager of the Keystone building" said Chief O'Hara.

"Keys again? What happened?" said Calvin.

"Someones been playing around with the big sign identifying it" said Chief O'Hara.

"Probably the work of some prankster. Or some joker" said the commissioner.

"Exactly, commish. We saw the Joker set that file on fire. It's gotta be him" said Sam.

"Of course, Sam. Who else but that malevolent mischief maker could be taunting us again with his capricious capers?" said Commissioner Gordon.

"Hmm. Do you three suppose we should call the Caped Crusader?" said Chief O'Hara.

"Sure, chief. I think so" said Sam.

"Me too" said Charles Wallace.

"Cal?" said Sam and Charles Wallace in unison.

"When books, records and files are involved, we could tackle this problem ourselves. But when it comes to tampering with buildings, calling Batman is the right thing to do" said Calvin.

"Well said, Calvin. And we shall call the Caped Crusader at once" said Commissioner Gordon.

He called Bruce on the Batphone which beeped in Wayne Manor where Dick was still studying.

"I think I found it, Bruce" he said.

"I'm afraid you spoke too soon, sir. Let me answer it for you. I can always think up a paradiddle" said Alfred as the Batphone beeped.

"No, Alfred. If the commissioner needs us, this is no time for a white lie" said Bruce. 

He answered the phone and said "Yes, Commissioner?"

"I'm afraid the Three Warriors have come to headquarters to report the Joker again, Batman" said Commissioner Gordon.

"Tell them we'll be right there" said Bruce.

He hung up and said "To the Batpoles" to Dick.