Chapter 7

The guys were watching the news in Wayne Manor with Alfred.

Batman and Robin were Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson again, but the Warriors were still in their uniforms.

"And in conclusion, let me repeat the hope that Batman and Robin and the Three Warriors were in no way of helping the Joker steal the jeweled key of Kaincardine from Mr Ferguson's collection today just because they stood by ineffectively" said the newscaster. 

"Ineffectively? What an unpleasant innuendo" said Alfred.

"Yeah, but at least they're not protesting our word" said Sam.

"There's a rumor around Gotham City tonight that the Joker has some new invention against which the Caped Crusader, the Boy Wonder and the Trio of Champions are powerless" said the newscaster.

"Enough of rumors. It's about time for the Green Hornet" said Batman.

"You're right, Bruce" said Dick changing the channel.

"Ooh, I love the Green Hornet!" said Charles Wallace. 

But when the channel was switched, the Joker was on the screen.

"Citizens of Gotham City, this is the Joker coming to you through your key station via my high-powered gaming system!" he said.

"Oh my god! He can hack television sets too?" said Calvin.

"He's very cunning" said Bruce.

"I'm particularly addressing Batman, wherever you are. Foiled, failed, frustrated and so defenseless, I'll even give you a clue to my next crime. Don't give a hoot for the hobnailed, but look for a bow and a bobtail" said the Joker.

The TV then went back to normal. 

"What on earth is he trying to tell us?" said Sam.

"I don't know, Sam, but Joker is in one of his more generous moods providing us with clues" said Bruce turning off the TV. 

Then he flipped the switch on the Shakespeare statue saying "Now let's provide him with a little action. To the Batpoles".

Bruce and Dick slid down the Batpoles and turned back into Batman and Robin while the Three Warriors flew into the Batcave.