Chapter 6

Angus Ferguson was reporting the key's theft to the police.

"It most certainly is gone. And if that key is nay found and returned at once, I'll sue this city for 8,000,523 dollars and a three penny bit" he shouted.

"But Mr Ferguson..." Commissioner Gordon began.

"And the charge will be grand larceny. You'll be hearing from my lawyer before you can say Jack McRobinson. And you, you five muttonheads. After I offered you a wee deoch an doris. Huh!" Ferguson chattered.

Then he stormed out of the office. 

"Gotham City still holds the Dynamic Duo in great esteem, as well as the Three Warriors. The word muttonheads was most unfortunate" said Commissioner Gordon. 

"He was right. We were standing in that alcove while the Joker made off with the jeweled key. It's hard to explain" said Calvin.

"What did happen, Batman?" said Commissioner Gordon.

"He had some kind of contraption. A small box with a key" said Batman.

"Which sparked and hummed" Robin added.

"He said it would render us helpless while he pulled off his robbery" said Batman.

"And it did" said Charles Wallace.

"But we don't know how" finished Sam.

"If this device could do that to all of you... think..." said Commissioner Gordon.

"I have thought, commissioner. The theft of the jeweled key of Kaincardine is only secondary. There are many devious tricks up that crafty clown's sleeve. He must be stopped before he makes a laughing stock of not only the Warriors, Robin and myself, but your fine department and all of Gotham City" Batman explained.