Chapter 4

In his current secret lair, the Joker was creating a new key on a machine.

"Ah, this should do it" he said.

He tested the key in the lock of a little black box.

It worked. The Joker was able to open the box and see blinky lights and electric wires on the other side.

"Ah! At last! Success beyond even my wildest dreams!" he cackled.

"Success, Joker? Because you can turn an itsy-bitsy key in an itsy-bitsy box?" said a blonde girl in purple who wore keys as earrings. 

"Well, I'm glad you could tear yourself away from that mirror for one minute, Cornelia, to admire my latest triumph. This box! And particularly, this key I've just made could be the downfall for those audacious adversaries Batman and Robin, as well as those pesky, pilfering, presumptuous Warriors. And give me reign to pursue my cunning career" said the Joker. 

"How did you make the box, Joker?" said one of his male assistants.

"Out of bits and pieces, Latch. Odds and ends. Cheese paddings, lighting bugs, cockroach shells, all combined with my talents in other fields, of course" the Joker explained.

He crossed the room and said "But enough of this, chit chat. I'm off to make my first experiment. And when I return, I suspect I would not only have confounded the Dynamic Duo and the Three Warriors, but I will have in my possession the jeweled key of Kaincardine". 

"The what?" said Cornelia.

"The diamonds with which it's encrusted are worth more than a king's ransom, Cornelia. Not to mention the rubies in its loop, the emeralds in its stem, the sapphire in its collar and the fire opals in its bits!" the Joker cackled. 

Then he left to pull his next prank.