5.2

I heard Maggie bang on the side of the container to tell us that it was finally time to go. As I had been up beforehand anyways I immediately collected my weapons together again and opened the large doors to go back outside. I turned to corner to see my dad, Maggie and Leigh.

"I am never sleeping in somethin' like that again." I complain and run my aching back. "Ever."

A growl of a walker nearby was heard. Elijah perked up and quickly ran over to it, stabbing it with his weapon. I furrow my brows at the sight of the walker, who was suppose to be on watch?

"Isn't your friend supposed to be on watch?" Cole spoke up, referring to Kelly as she was the only one missing.

"She ain't here?" I ask and he shook his head. I let out a small groan, "She couldn't have gotten far." I slung my bow on my back properly and left for the exit, making my way over to the woods.

The others quickly caught up though, Maggie marching on in front in a hurry. I didn't blame her, she clearly wanted to hurry up so we could find the rest of her group. I started following Kelly's tracks, that were imprinted in the thick mud below my heavy feet.

"You're a tracker?" A voice spoke behind me, I turned my head slightly to notice that it was Leigh. I hum in response before looking around for Kelly, in the distance was an abandoned truck with a figure on it. "Impressive." Leigh hummed to himself.

"One of the keys to survival nowadays." I muttered in concentration, looking up everyone now and again for movement in the woods.

"I guess you'll have to teach me sometime then." Leigh shrugged. I could sense the cheeky smile behind his mask.

A small grin which I couldn't hold back rose on my face, "Maybe."

In the distance was a truck and we quickly went over to it to check to see if Kelly was there. The tracks led to the back of the truck where Kelly obviously climbed up. Dangling from the side was a foot, belonging to Kelly. Maggie went up to the truck where Kelly was and grabbed her foot, causing Kelly to turn around with her slingshot aimed. As soon as she saw us she held back and stepped down.

"You left your post." Maggie stated.

"Sorry, I just..." Kelly began guiltily but Maggie continued in her annoyed tone.

"You can't go running off by yourself like that."

Dad then intervened, "Her sister's missin'." He muttered to Maggie and moved past her.

She let out a sorrowful sigh as Elijah climbed up the truck to see what was on top, Leigh followed behind him quickly.

"He just lost his too." Maggie nodded at Elijah. I noticed how both of the boy's posture changed at the mention of the sister, they were obviously a close group.

They started taking stuff from the top of the truck and threw it down. Kelly carefully picked up the stuff and closely inspected it but none of it was familiar. She stood up with a tired expression.

My hand reached her shoulder with a reassuring squeeze as Maggie nodded at her, "We have to go."

"I just had to try..." Kelly's voice almost cracked but she managed to hold it together, giving them a sorry look before we headed off again.

I walked alongside Kelly as we travelled further, "We'll find her. No matter how long it takes."

"I know. I'm not gonna give up on her..." She strongly replied and looked up at me. "She'd do the same for me."

"I get you're desperate to find her, I really do. But don't go runnin' off like that, you gave us a fright." I told her softly.

"Sorry, I just had a feeling..." She trailed off and shook her head. I decided not to press on the matter, allowing us to walk in silence. It wasn't awkward, mostly comfortable as we reached the break of the treeline.