6.11

LILIA DIXON'S POV.

I WAS SAT DOWN ON THE FLOOR OF ONE OF THE TRAIN CARTS. We were headed to the Commonwealth and after that we would cut inside through the main town hall that my dad knew of from being a soldier. Leigh sat next to me, his hand rubbing my leg reassuringly whilst I rested my head on his shoulder. He could sense I was nervous, but I still hadn't told him the real reason of course. 

Judith was sat nearby too with my dad and Carol. She was fiddling with her hands as she spoke up, "Haven't heard from my mom in a long time. Tried a few times, but nothing came back."

I had always wondered where Michonne would be right now. No one really knows. Last I heard was that she went off with this strange man who needed to get back to this island.. or something like that, and nothing after that personally.

"Could be a lot of reasons for that." Carol replied calmly, clasping her hands together. "But she can take care of herself better than just about anyone I've ever known."

"She'd be real proud of ya'. Your dad, too." Dad also added.

Judith looked up at Daryl, "Carl, too?" I then felt her gaze approach me in curiosity.

The corner of my lips tugged upwards and I nodded, "'Course he would be. You two are a lot alike. More than ya' realize."

Judith nodded, "He died saving people.. I wish I had more time with him. I wish we had more time to just remember them."

"We will, Judy." I told her, "We'll make the time."

"It's not fair.." I heard the girl whisper, looking down at her hands for a second, "CJ didn't get the chance to meet him."

Hearing her say that made my heart sink, knowing she was right, but there was nothing I could say in response. Luckily my dad spoke up after a few seconds, "When this is over, I'm gonna tell ya' every story I remember, about all the people that loved you." She looked up with a small yet grateful smile, "C'mere."

After a while of travelling by train we eventually reached the inside of the Commonwealth. I had my bow on my back and rifle in my hands as we crept behind a chained gate, sitting near the bushes where we planned to meet Mercer, who ended up never coming. There were four guards on patrol, who we couldn't kill otherwise it would be suspicious and it would be known that we were here.

Suddenly one of the trooper's radios went off and then the four soldiers scattered after getting orders to deal with an incoming swarm of walkers. It gave us the perfect opportunity to sneak into the building opposite us, the main hall, which was oddly quiet. Usually there were plenty of people inside, swarming with people in fact.

It was way too silent..

"Somethin' ain't right here." I muttered to my dad whilst a few people walked forward to the main square of the building that was exposed.

"I was thinkin' the same thing." He agreed quietly.

Tyler noticed how many of us weren't advancing, "Come on, guys! We're almost there!" I then noticed people on the balcony with machine guns, but before anyone could shout, the open-fired at Tyler and the others around him.

"Tyler!" Leigh yelled before firing back at the enemy up at the balcony, causing everyone else to as well. I hid behind a corner, Judith was next to me, and I shot up every now and again at the balcony. I managed to shoot a few people, but they had the bars of the balcony as well for cover, and plus, they had machine guns.

I managed to shoot a guy in the head, he fell backwards and dropped his gun. A certain woman who angered me to the core picked up his weapon and aimed in my direction.