6.8

LILIA DIXON'S POV

MY BOW WAS LOADED AND READY AS I RAN AS FAST I COULD TO THE MEETING PLACE, only to come face to face with my dad and Carol with my bow in the air.

"Thank fuck." I breathed out of relief, tears still stinging my eyes. My weapon shook in my hands as I lowered it, looking between the two and noticed it was just them. They both noticed my distress instantly, my breathing began to quicken at the thought of CJ and Leigh being taken.

"Lia, honey," Carol shushed softly, walking over to me with her hand on my shoulder, "What happened?"

"They-They t-took them." Shivers ran down my spine after I told them. "They took CJ and Leigh..." Once again, my voice broke and Carol put her arm around my shoulders. I was terrified to say the least.

"It's okay, we'll get 'em back. Everyone." She firmly stated, before letting me go and looking me in the eyes. "I know someone who will help us." My brows furrowed at who she meant, but I assumed I would find out soon. 

My dad and I followed Carol to a building, going down into the prison cells, which weren't as guarded as we thought it was after waiting for a bit outside. Once we got down to a long corridor, we found the first two soldiers we were forced to knock out. Well, 'knock out'. Instead of waiting, I decided to grab the first soldier, whilst the other one turned their back to walk down the corridor.

I used my knife and stabbed their neck, dropping their body.

My dad looked at me disapprovingly, but I didn't care. I wanted to get out of here and find my son and Leigh. Last time my son was taken it was by a murderous group who left him for dead in the middle of winter... there was no way I would take that chance again, but this time with Leigh as well. I wasn't going to lose two more people I loved.

He ran to the other side of the corridor, whistling to get the other soldier's attention, who spun around instantly. They raised their gun, making their way over to my dad's direction. I raised my bow, aiming for the gap between the helmet and chest plate. However, Carol's arrow suddenly flew past me, into the guy's leg, giving my dad the chance to knock the soldier out.

Rolling my eyes, I moved past the two, walking to the end of the corridor and to the locked cell door. I peered through the gap at the top to see Hornsby. It made sense why Carol would choose him to help us. After all, he didn't make much to lose.

My dad used a key to enter the cell, and we saw a mess in front of us. Sebastian was on the floor... as a walker. There was blood everywhere, covering the floor, walls and even Hornsby. He was sat against the wall, rocking back and forth as he held a bloody coin and chanting the same thing over and over again.

"Always a path. Always a path. Always a path."

I took care of Sebastian as my dad and Carol tried to talk to Hornsby. I placed my boot above Sebastian's head, who growled and tried to grab my leg. I forced pressure on his temple, before lifting my foot up and crashing the heel of my boot into his face. I wouldn't want to waste an arrow on that prick.

"Lance. Look at me." Carol spoke to the man, who looked away. Once she realised her soft act wasn't going to work on him, she took out her knife. Carol placed it under his neck, making his eyes widen and look at her. Her voice went dark and firm, "We can't leave you here alive. Either you tell us where our friends are, or you're dead."

"I'll... I'll show you." Hornsby rushed out so he wouldn't get killed, "You don't trust me. I get it. But I know a way out of the city."

Carol lowered her weapon and my dad shoved Hornsby forward, "Move."