5.12

WE ALL WENT OUTSIDE to meet Leah and her men in the main yard. We had found a crutch beforehand for Elijah to walk, whilst I stayed next to Leigh. I kept my gun hidden in my pocket as my dad took Carver, who was gagged and tied up and forced into the middle for Leah to see since she demanded to see him first.

"Throw your weapons on the ground!" Dad ordered as they came walking towards him, standing away slightly.

"What are you offering?" Leah firstly asked, keeping a hand on her weapon in her belt.

"Lose the weapons and we let you leave." My fist tightened when I heard that we were gonna just let them leave. Leigh held my hand comfortingly, making me untense my hand.

"Is that all?" Leah quipped.

"You head north, don't turn back. I see anyone, anyone at all, I'm gonna kill him. Once we're far out enough, I'll let him go." Carver then attempted to speak through his gag, which created a muffle, however dad told him to, "Shut up." 

"You expect me to trust you now?" She said, "Same with Leigh and Jess?"

"Yeah. We do. We're doin' this all wrong." Dad told her. "We survived everythin' for what? To keep fighting' and killin' each other?"

"If that's what it takes. "

He shook his head. "Don't have to.  I'm givin' you a chance to save what's left of your family. And mine."

Leah pondered for a moment before speaking through her radio. "No more lies. Jenson." A gunshot then went off right near my dad's feet, making him look around frantically whilst also keeping a hold of Carver. I looked up in a rush, trying to see up to the top of the roof to try and spot 'Jenson', but it was no use.

"That was a warning. The last one." Leah then looked over to our direction, as we were hiding back. "Everybody out!" She ordered. Leigh clenched his jaw before moving forward with me. Negan and Maggie supported Elijah as he hobbled. "Lower the knife, cut the rope." Dad hesitated. "Jenson. The women." 

Dad huffed, "Fine." He pulled his knife away from Carver's throat so he could take off his ropes and gag before shoving him forward. Carver walked away, giving a fake smooch at Elijah to rile him up. He looked at me and winked before going over to Leah, I saw Leigh glare when he did. Elijah then started to get out of Maggie's grip and move forward towards Carver angrily.

"Elijah, don't." Maggie whispered, however he ignored her.

"Elijah..." Leigh warned, as he knew what Leah would do if he didn't stop.

"No one moves!" Leah shouted.

"Elijah." Maggie tried again. I would've attempted to stop him too, however I also agreed that Carver deserved to die.

Leah threatened, "He takes one more step, he dies!"

"Josephine!" Elijah's voice cracked as he spoke his sister's name.

Carver started to mock him despite Leah telling him not to. "Carve, don't. Stop." Once Leah noticed that Elijah wasn't going to stop she yelled, "Jenson, pull the trigger!"

"Her name was Josephine." Elijah repeated before losing his balance and falling over. Carver laughed before a gunshot went off, shooting him in the leg. He fell to the ground with a yell. 

Leah rushed over to Carver, speaking into her radio again. "Jenson, what the hell?! Jenson!"

A familiar voice spoke through the radio,"Nope. No Jenson here. Call me Gabriel." Gabriel told her. "The other two better back off or they're next." 

Leah sighed in defeat and looked at the two men behind her, "Stand down." They relaxed as she looked back to us. "Your deal still stands?"

"Oh you think we're gonna be nice now?" I scoffed and tilted my head, "Not a chance."