5.5

AS WE WALKED THROUGH the tunnel there was a loud creaking noise that kept intensifying every now and again, making everyone on edge. 

"What the hell is that?" Gage asked worriedly. I would've personally told him to politely, get fucked, however I kept my cool. I still despised him yet I wondered the same thing as him.

Alden felt the pipes and looked up, "The storm's pushing air through the pipes, making them groan. It's nothing serious, we're good." He told us and everyone kept moving despite the loud, continuous creaking.

"Know what that noise actually is?" Negan questioned. "That is God, telling us to turn around."

Gabriel frowned and looked at him, "I'm pretty sure he would have ran that by me first."

"Yeah? The Good Lord direct your one eyeball to this?" Negan directed his torch to the wall.

"'Sup with have one eye?" I muttered, my blind eyes noticeable to everyone but I was so used to it I sometimes didn't even realise it.

Negan continued, "Water-line mark. That means this tunnel floods on a regular basis, like when it rains." 

More creaking occurred however everyone ignored it. I started to dislike the sound. "It's bad down here. It's worse up there." My dad commented.

"Look, man, all I am saying..." Negan began.

"And it ain't working." Dad snapped.

"Dad maybe he has a point, I mean look at-" I started and looked to the wall with the damp marks all over.

"He's tryin' to run shit, ignore him." Dad interrupted and looked at me, before turning around. "Keep moving. Come on." I sighed as everyone continued, Leigh scoffed before going as well. 

But whilst we continued walking we came across something that put us to another halt. There was a bunch of body bags scattered all over the place and blocking our path. My dad brought his hand closer to one and it eventually moved, inside being a silent walker.

"Why didn't it make any sound?" One of the older men asked after my dad killed it.

He cut open the bag and showed the walker which had a long slit on its rotten throat.

"Throat slashed so deep it almost severed his head." Gabriel noticed.

"Ew." I gagged.

"The guys we're going after do this?" Negan asked. 

"No." Leigh and Maggie in unison.

Maggie finished, "These people were killed during the fall." 

"All of 'em?" Negan then questioned, making Maggie silent. "What? We're walking through a mass grave that could still be in use. So, I am asking you...are you sure all of them were killed during the fall?"

"Take each one out. Clear the path." Maggie ordered, ignoring Negan's thoughts.

"Maggie, hold up..." Alden began.

"We're not stopping." She stated, firmly.

"Mags shouldn't we think about this for a minute-" I made an attempt.

"I said what I said." Maggie bitterly replied.

I didn't bother reacting out loud, only widening my eyes and sharing the same disbelief look with Leigh before we started stabbing the rest of the walkers in the head. It was difficult at first since they were in bags however we just gritted our teeth and dealt with it.

Behind me was Gage and a large walker was creeping up behind him, it wasn't until later when the walker tried to attack him. Gage yelped and tried to fight it off but the walker was too big. It growled at Gage and got ready to bite the boy but Negan came just in time. He pushed the walker against the wall and help it back with his weapon, until the lifting it up and smashing it on the walker's head.