6.10

NO ONE'S POV  

LEIGH WOKE UP to a bunch of troopers slamming the door of the shitty living quarters open, shining flashlights in their faces whilst yelling at everyone to get up. He forced open his bruised eyes, which was painful enough, but being dragged off the bed was the cherry on top for him as he 'wasn't moving quicker that he should've been'. He looked around in confusion, wondering why the troopers were forcing everyone to move outside and over to the windmill.

His face was red and purple in some areas, his lip was cut and the swelling in his cheek had finally gone down after the beating he had gotten a few days prior. One of the reasons he got targeted was due to the fact he used to be a trooper, which led to him receiving a 'simple' busted lip. Tyler Davis, the ex-soldier who caused a bit of chaos that night at Pamela Milton's 'party', said the same thing happened to him on his first night. That luckily led to Tyler being onboard with the plan that Ezekiel, Kelly and a few others were trying to cook up in order to escape.

After all, they were in Alexandria, they knew the place, but all they could do was suffer the consequences of doing hard labour in a place that many Alexandrians used to call home. It was another thing that enraged Leigh, but he kept his mouth closed about it. Whilst working, he always had the feeling that people were watching him. The feeling was correct, since every time he looked over his shoulder he always had a trooper glaring at him before moving past him.

Other times when he looked at the woods he swore he saw a figure, which looked like his brother, but he shook it off and looked away. Sometimes, when he lifted his head up to check if Ryan was still there, the figure had gone, but other times it had moved to a different place.

Either way, them vacant eyes and pierced bullet holes still haunted him dreadfully.

Another reason for the beatings was after he demanded to know if CJ was alright. Leigh thought back to his awakening on the bus when they first arrived and how the Warden said that they were eventually allowed to see their kids. But Leigh was told he couldn't see CJ or even know the boy's 'status' due to Leigh not being the boy's actual father

And did Leigh walk away quietly? Fuck no. After spitting a few words at the man's ridiculous excuse, Leigh earned more than a few punches for being disrespectful. He recalled Tyler and Ezekiel telling him to not draw attention to himself as it'll only make things worse for himself and possibly even CJ, so Leigh took their advice and did his best to keep his head down and avoid many troopers as possible who recognised him. 

But hey, at least Negan of all people gave him a pat on the back for sticking up for himself and CJ, despite the boy not being his son, but why should that matter? Leigh knows that the kid ain't his, it's pretty obvious. He loves Lilia and CJ equally, he wants to be there for her and help raise CJ as best as they could in a shitty world like this. 

Who knows, maybe they'll have their own kid together?

He just prayed they were both okay.

Leigh was pushed by a trooper to walk faster as he watched how Ezekiel and Annie were being grabbed by soldiers unlike everyone else. The bright light up in the windmill shone down at everyone on the ground since it was dark, but it also made the situation more eerie.

He stood next to Tyler near the front, "What's happening?" He whispered to him, noticing the Warden walking over to the front of the windmill. Tyler just shrugged, looking confused too, "I don't know.. nothin' like this has happened before whilst I've been here."

"There is a traitor in our midst." The warden spoke, capturing everyone's attention, especially Ezekiel's since he was staring directly at him. "Someone who thinks he's above the rules." Then he turned to the side, another man was being dragged by troopers. Negan. "This prisoner has admitted to spearheading a rebellion. Any co-conspirators will be given the benefit of the doubt. I trust they were not acting of their own free will. So only he will be punished!"