5.6

THE DOOR SEPARATING the walkers and us started to fall, which meant that we had little time to open up the next door.

Duncan and Frost managed to open the first door, but the next one was blocked by a sofa, so they were using a sledgehammer to force a gap. Whilst that was happening we got into a tight formation for when the door opened. Maggie and Agatha were in front with their bows with Gabriel holding his shotgun and as soon as the walkers pushed through they attacked.

Gabriel used up all of his rounds, shooting walker Gage in the head and many more until it was over. Maggie and Agatha fired their arrows rapidly until they ran out and fell behind everyone. Elijah, Cole, Alden, Leigh and I used our weapons to hold them off. I got my sword out again to slice them.

We thought we were doing well until Duncan told us that there were more coming from their side, disregarding their efforts to push that side of the door open. Negan received a gun from Maggie and ran off to shoot the walkers where Duncan and Frost were.

Yet more walkers continued to flood our section which caused us to partially fall back. I continued to stab and slice them as the other shot them in the head however ammo was draining fast. There was no way we were gonna be able to kill them off using hand to hand weapons. That was until a familiar voice yelled at us to hurry.

I looked behind us to see my dad, he had opened the other door as the walkers had been cleared thanks to his gun and Dog. Everyone ran through the door whilst I killed a final walker from reaching over. I immediately felt a hand grab mine and we ran forward.

Leigh clutched my hand as we sprinted past the door, just in time for my dad to take a pin out of a grenade and shove it in a walker's mouth.

"Get behind somethin'!" He yelled.

Leigh pulled me behind a seat and we crouched there. My head landed on his chest and he put his hand over my head just before the door slammed and on the other side was an explosion. Walker guts splattered onto the walls and window, making the room look completely red.

It was quick but loud, making our cart shake however everyone was fine. I lifted my head up, still feeling Leigh's hand on my head until he took it off protectively.

We all slowly stood up and made sure everyone was okay. Thankfully no one was hurt. I went over to my dad, a bit angry at his recklessness since he split up from the group, however I was glad he was alright. I knocked his shoulder in annoyance before grumbling as I hugged him.

"Asshole." I muttered into his shoulder.

"Get used to it."

Then we followed the rest of the tunnel and finally found our way out, climbing out of the other metro station and sitting down to catch our breath. I sat on the steps beside Leigh, resting my head on his shoulder, which made him put his arm around me.

Frost and Duncan then walked past us, Frost playfully wolf-whistled at us and threw a wink at Leigh. The boy nearly blushed.

"Shut it Frosty."

Agatha stood up and put her weapons in her pocket, "We heading out?"

Maggie got onto her feet, "We need to take a detour first. Arbor Hills."

"What's there?" Dad wondered.

"Hidden supply depot." She explained, "Georgie set 'em up all over, in case we ran into any trouble when we were out looking for survivors. It has ammo, food, and weapons."

It sounded like exactly what we needed. Usually things like that got run over or robbed pretty quickly, so hopefully it was still standing like Maggie assumed.