5.11

WE DECIDED TO SPLIT up as it would hopefully give us a better chance to find the other group, whom had been scattered throughout the buildings since the strange fire arrows had been set off. Once they pierced through something it didn't just stop there, as at the end of the arrow was a firework, which exploded everything around it into thousands of pieces.

Leigh and I snuck our way back inside, going to the smaller and more hidden rooms. Hopefully we would find members of our group hiding, or we could at least find any supplies along the way. I went into one room and Leigh went into another one a bit down the hall.

I had my knife and a small gun, though I still hadn't found my sword and Leigh hadn't managed to get his hands on his crowbar just yet. There was nothing interesting in the room I was in - apart from some blacked out windows and dusty tabletops.

I turned to look inside one of the other draws until I then heard the sounds of heavy grunts and groans of pain. I quickly snuck over to the door and looked around, noticing how the noise was coming from the room Leigh was in. My eyes widened as soon as I realised he was in trouble, so I dashed down the corridor without even thinking.

Inside the room was Leigh on the ground, shuffling away with his hand over his side. His hand looked slightly red. Urging towards him was no one other than Carver, of course, the asshole who had a massive grudge against everyone, mostly Leigh and I though.

Carver chuckled, "As soon as you came back I knew you were up to no good. Always have been." His partially bloody knife was in his hand securely. "Just like your brother."

Leigh's painful face expression turned to anger, his brows furrowed and his head shot up. His back hit the wall, nowhere to go.

"Oh yeah, where's yours then?"

He knew it was a longshot to mention Carver's 'missing', obviously dead, brother. Yet it got him riled up.

"You pric-" Carver began before I ran over to the distracted man, kicking the back of his leg to make him fall forwards. He slightly grunted in the shock of pain, but it didn't knock him off guard fully. Carver attempted to slice his knife at me, twisting his body to try and knick me, but he just about missed me, which annoyed him even more.

Leigh used his chance to move out of the way completely, standing up, despite the horrid pain in his bleeding side. I punched Carver harshly around the head, knocking him to the side after his knife clattered on the ground. I went to quickly reach for his knife so it would leave him defenceless, however he grabbed my ankle to make me trip over.

I attempted to kick his hand off me with my foot whilst my hand reached for his knife. He was pushed back a bit when he came into contact with it, letting me shuffle back slightly to get his knife.

"It was Alec, right? Your brother." I panted as I noticed his expression go firmer.

"Fuck you Grimes." Carver spat angrily, before pointing at me. "I know what you did."

"Oh really?" I questioned and stood up slowly, ignoring my wobbly legs. I could see Leigh against the walls, giving me eyes, which told me to 'shut up', but I refused to listen. "Then you should know... that your brother died like a fucking pussy when I put my knife through his chest..."

Carver's fists suddenly clenched and he shot up, attempting to make a run at me. Suddenly a figure came behind him and knocked him around the head hard. The man fell to the floor just near my boots, his breath slowed, but I could tell he hadn't completely blacked out yet.

I heard Leigh gasp in relief, causing me to look up. There she was - Maggie Rhee. Her red top was dirty and her hair was slightly straggly, she appeared out of breath since she ran through the corridor as soon as she heard the familiar voices.