Epilogue Wilbur

{name}'s pov

As we both drunkenly danced in a crowd, our laughter never died down. 

5 minutes until the new year.

5 minutes until 2027.

5 minutes until 6 years dating Wilbur complete.

5 minutes until the day Wilbur finally started seeking out help from people about his obsession problems.

5 minutes until another year of his smile. 5 minutes until another year of love, of memories to make. 

Wilbur’s pov

5 minutes counting, until i end it.

Until i tell her i don't want this anymore, and that I had never wanted what we had.

We were both at a party, a new years party, drunk out of our minds, laughing like idiots.

She cheered, taking another swig of her beer before putting her finger over the top of the bottle again.

4 minutes counting, as I led her to the balcony, giggling as we laughed at nothing. The soft hands I'd have the rest of my life to feel, the bright smile I'd get to see until I pass this world on.

And even then, even after that, and again and again, as time repeats, that smile will never leave me.

3 minutes counting, ‘our’ song playing in the background as we danced, screaming out the lyrics as the music still blared loudly outside the building.

She makes my heart melt. She makes my days brighter. She never left my side sense she met me, even though she has gotten the chance countless times from countless other guys. She helped me learn how to love.

2 minutes counting, as we still danced, the song went on for the rest of the time.

The rest of time, doesn't that sound lovely if I got to spend it with her. Eternity, wherever that ends up to be, if it's something somewhere, or nothing nowhere,if it's with her I'm fine.

It'll be alright if she's there, everything will be set in stone if she's with me.

1 minute counting, the timer now going off for the new year.

People don't stop to count the seconds, that time really is passing, because it makes people panic. Makes people feel old, makes people overthink the meaning of life, but with her I don't care about time passing.

I count every second with her, and watch life peacefully. Because she makes me feel like Time doesn't matter, time is just something to watch fly by, a way to cure boardome.

30 seconds left as my hands started to sweat. 

25 already? Damn that went quick.

How are there already 15 seconds left?

Her eyes locked onto mine as her smile shinned brighter than the moon itself.

10.

9.

8.

I breathed in.

7.

6.

i breathed out.

5.

4.

I pulled the box out of my pocket.

3.

I started leaning down onto my one knee holding her hand.

2. I fully landed with one knee on the ground.

1.

looked her dead in the eyes.

HAPPY NEW YEARS!

I opened the box as I heard fireworks around us, the balloons dropping in the big ballroom someone had rented out. 

{Name}’s pov

I covered my mouth as tears pricked up in my eyes, the alcohol in my system not being the only thing to make me emotional.

I may have said that Jared was my twin flame, the person i would always love but never have, but that doesn't mean i'll never have a strong feeling with anyone else.

Wilbur was and is my soulmate, I truly believe that.

Everytime i fall in and out of love with Jared, or something happens, Wilbur comes to make me fall for someone all over again.

And as I'm standing here, tears in my eyes being proposed to for the second time in my life, I feel like this has happened a million times.

Seeing him down on one knee, when the clock hits 12, for the hundredth, thousands, millionth time.

In different times, looking completely different, different names, different Identities, different nationalities, all flashing before my eyes.

He waited, he waited so long to love me. He waited through boyfriends, through himself, and he stayed loving. Not once taking his eyes off me, not once thinking about another woman he would ever have.

Maybe in the past this has happened a few times, maybe a bunch of times, maybe this happens every time but god does it feel special.

You would expect me to be a professional at proposals by now, but my crying mess of a self could only let out a sobbing “Yes!” Then getting crushed by a kiss from him didn't let me say anything else.

Maybe I was wrong.

About everything.

About needing Jared, about not needing Wilbur.

And truly, i take back everything i ever said about him.

Because his true self shone through at the end. The end of the tunnel wasn't Jared, or wasn't Dynic, or wasn't Rebecca, or anyone else, it was just Wilbur.

Wilbur and all his dorky, dumb, charming mess.

And when it's all over, maybe seeing that boy under the old oak tree on Jones Street with a baby duckling in my arms wasn't the worst thing in the world.

....

And I definitely didn't mind buying him McDonalds at the end of the day.

~End~

No new keys <3