In life, the choices you make build up your personality

At Hogwarts the students get divided into houses based on their personalities.

Slytherin is for those who are resourceful, ambitious, and cunning, but the rumors say only evil students get sorted there. But everyone knows slytherins have the best taste.

Gryffendor is for those who are daring, brave, and chivalrous, but most of them are brash or arrogant. Although if you're looking for a good time, look no further.

Hufflepuff is for those who are just, loyal, and trustworthy, but everyone knows if you need weed, or interesting conversation they're the people to go to.

And Ravenclaw is for those who are creative, wise, and witty despite most being accused of being judgemental. Although rumor has it they throw the best parties.

Enter Lorelei Byrd. Or Lori, as she prefers. She was taught about the different Hogwarts houses from a young age, both her wizard parents placing their bets on which house she'd end up in until her much anticipated sorting ceremony.

Lori always found it silly that Hogwarts sorted their students into one house when everyone is so complex. How could one house with traits of only slight variations be completely accurate to one's entire personality?

At the unripe age of eleven, Lorelei found herself sitting on a hard stool with hundreds of eyes on her. All staring in anticipation, and some with neutrality, Lori felt herself entirely too curious by the attention. But her thoughts quickly turned from curiosity at the feeling, to feeling like something was taking a flashlight to her brain once the sorting hat was placed on her head.

"Hmm." The hat's voice had said to her, even after all her years at Hogwarts, the words of the hat stuck in her mind like a bad song. "A Byrd, I see. A bright mind. Quite the confident seed you are, aren't you? Interesting, now where to sort you."

The feeling of the hat's words brushed against her consciousness, almost tickling her brain in a non tactile way. "There's only one place to put such a mind, so ready to be molded into greatness. I'm quite certain-"

And since that fateful day on September first, nineteen seventy one, Lori's life was forever set on the path of the blue and bronze. And she hadn't resented the decision made by the hat since.

But the same day the young Byrd was sorted, a young Potter was also sorted. Gryffindor chosen, of course.

Just like every other young first year, Lorelei didn't put off making friends. Friends who would be her closest companions for the coming years.

Elizabeth Turpin and Melissa Brocklehurst made terrific additions to the young Ravenclaws' life. And as if the castle knew, the three girls were roomed together.

And while four Gryffendors were busy causing havoc for their first five years at Hogwarts, Lorelei liked to keep out of the way.

But for her sixth year, the sixteen year old was determined for things to change.