"I loathe jeans

"I loathe jeans." Lorelei declared as she stared in the mirror, specifically glaring at her unbuttoned jeans.

"You are three months pregnant. It makes sense you don't fit into jeans right now." Melissa countered as she applied her eyeshadow half manually and half magically, not even looking at Lorelei in the mirror. "You should choose something more forgiving, like a dress."

Glaring at the brunette, Lorelei looked back at her reflection. Giving up wasn't exactly a strong suit.

Instead, she picked up her wand from where she'd set it on the bathroom counter.

Transfiguration was a brilliant tool that had helped many people solve complex issues and allowed mages creativity with their magic. Lorelei used it to make her jeans fit over her stomach.

Beaming, she met Melissa's unimpressed eyes through the mirror, "Lily is a muggleborn. I can hardly go to her birthday party in anything less than muggle appropriate wear."

The divide between what muggles wore and what mages wore largely depended on their heritage and exposure to muggles. Lorelei never cared for the divide between styles, and had incorporated both into her wardrobe. And no muggle wardrobe, even one as limited as Lorelei's, would be complete without bell bottom jeans.

"You can barely even see the bump anymore." Lorelei commented neutrally as she turned to the side, exposing her small bump that could easily be dismissed as bloating.

Melissa playfully rolled her eyes and turned around, "As if anyone at Lily's party won't know you're pregnant."

Rolling her eyes, Lorelei exited the bathroom. "Liz! Are you nearly done?"

"Yes, I'm coming!" Liz called from inside her room, "Are you ready?"

"I am, Mel is still fiddling with herself in the mirror."

"Say that any other way." Melissa said from the bathroom.

Snorting, Lorelei lined up by the floo. "I'll leave without you both."

"Godric, Lori. Try to have some patience. Not all of us are engaged, pregnant people who are naturally gorgeous." Liz said as she walked out of her room putting on earrings.

"Shove it, Liz. You are both beautiful and will no doubt find partners soon. Now can we please get going?"

Melissa exited the bathroom, "I'm ready."

"Great." Lorelei grabbed a handful of powder from beside their fireplace.

Lily's twentieth birthday party could barely classify as a party, in Lorelei's opinion. With a guest list of less than twenty people, it was more of a small get together.

James, Sirrius, Remus, and Peter had already arrived. Lorelei beamed at her fiance, specifically at the box in his hand, "You remembered, good."

Lifting the box for inspection, James raised a brow, "Did you think I would forget?"