Two days later James and Lorelei flooed to St. Mungo's for a confirmation spell and checkup.

"It's not too late." James whispered when Lorelei stood immobile in front of the door, staring at a moving pregnancy chart depicting the stages of pregnancy.

"Too late for what?" She whispered back, still staring at the chart in awe and horror.

"To... You know. Weed out the issue."

Like a broken spell, she turned away from the poster to smile at him. "Surely you're not getting cold feet."

Grabbing her hand, James searched her expression. "Never."

"Good." Lorelei took a deep breath before entering the lobby.

Lorelei had only ever been to one muggle hospital across her entire life, but she remembered being let down by the experience. Honestly, she was shocked how similar the institutions really were other then the daily cases they saw.

Unfortunately, Lorelei had never been to a muggle OB-GYN office so she wasn't sure how the wizarding adjacent compared in terms of appearance. The floors were carpeted, the walls were a solid shade of off-white, and the front desk was walled off from the rest of the lobby leaving only a cutout to view the two witches behind the desk.

The only overt magic in the room, other then the moving posters, we're the papers flying about the room behind the desk.

Approaching the desk with a false aura of confidence, Lorelei smiled brightly at the witch closest to her, "Hi, I have an appointment under Lorelei Byrd."

A dozen sheets of paper zipped toward the witch from behind the desk, quickly scanning each one she waved her hand absently at two, sending the both at Lorelei, "Fill out these forms and then Doctor Elsie will be right with you."

Grabbing the pages out of the air, Lorelei thanked the witch, grabbed a pen, and sat down. Quickly filling out the paperwork, Lorelei gave the woman the pages before sitting again next to James.

Lorelei couldn't stay still. Fidgeting in her seat, she bounced her leg, picked at her fingernails, and bit the inside of her cheek all while staring at another godforsaken poster depicting pregnancy. Her anxious energy only heightened when she reminded herself she was the pregnant person in this case.

Placing a gentle hand on her knee, James stalled the bouncing of her leg. Using his other hand to grab hers, he leaned over, "You have nothing to worry about, love. I'm sure everything will be alright."