39

The next morning at breakfast, Lorelei stood from her table the minute she saw Sirius enter the Great Hall

But before she could even take one step toward him Lily walked over to her and asked, "Have you read that book I got you for your birthday yet? I just finished reading it myself."

"Um," Breaking her gaze from Sirius, Lorelei looked at Lily, "No, sorry I haven't. I completely forgot about it."

Lily shook her head, "Don't be sorry, just let me know when you finish it, yeah? I'll be interested to talk to you about it."

Lorelei gave her a flat smile, "I will definitely do that."

Smiling back, Lily walked off toward the doors.
Looking back at Sirius, she beelined for him. As soon as he was in earshot, she asked, "How did it go last night? Was he okay?"

Standing, Sirius smiled at her, "He's fine, Lorelei. Just extraordinarily dramatic."

"What happened?"

Looking sideways, Sirius chuckled oddly, "Maybe ask him that."

"Okay," She started slowly, "Where is he?"

Shrugging, Sirius looked around the room. "I'm going to go sit down, care to join me?" He asked after a moment of looking around.

Shaking her head, Lorelei gave a brief smile, "No, I'm not hungry."

Leaning down, Sirius gave a brief kiss to her cheek, "Alright, I'll see you later then."

Giving another flash of a smile Lorelei watched him walk away toward where Peter was sitting at the gryffindor table.

Drifting slowly back toward the ravenclaw table, Lorelei watched the doors intensely.

Not totally watching where she was going, Lorelei bumped into someone, "I'm so sorry," she started, breaking her eyes away from the doors to look into the eyes of Pandora, "I wasn't watching where I was going."

Pandora gave Lorelei her usually dreamy smile, "It's alright,"

Smiling at each other Pandora was the first to move, walking away. Looking away from the blonde, Lorelei looked back at the door and saw two certain gryffindors coming through.

Walking quickly, Lorelei caught up with them quickly, "Potter." She said, gaining the brunette's attention; making his head turn in her direction. "What happened to you last night? I asked Sirius and he told me to ask you instead."

"What? Who told you something was wrong with me?"

Lorelei rolled her eyes, "I was with Sirius when Remus took him to you, claiming something was wrong with you."

Giving Remus a side eye, who just shrugged at him, James cleared his throat, "Oh, uh. Nothing. I just," He paused, "Lost my glasses."

Lorelei furrowed her brows, "And you needed both Remus and Sirius for that?"