75

"This is the spell, but the writing next to it is a sort of instruction

"This is the spell, but the writing next to it is a sort of instruction." Lorelei explained, gently tracing her finger over the text, "The spell itself is mostly Latin, but the instructions seem to imply it can rival nearly any dark object."

"Nearly?" Pandora asked, walking over to lean over the book with her.

Scanning lower, looking for more details, Lorelei skimmed the lower paragraph, "Anything charmed by dark magic. Meaning infused objects or objects created by darkness wouldn't be affected."

Wilting, Pandora gave her a short smile before flipping through a copy of the book she'd temporarily transfigured. Flipping the page of the original book, Lorelei casually said, "You know, I'd be able to help you find whatever spell you're looking for a lot easier if you tell me what object you're looking to destroy."

Sighing, Pandora walked back over. Waiting for Lorelei to look at her, she gave her a half worried/half serious expression. "If I tell you, you must promise me not to tell another soul."

"Do you want me to make an unbreakable vow?" Lorelei half joked.

Tilting her head, briefly reminding Lorelei of a bird, Pandora asked, "Would you?"

Reading the seriousness in her eyes, Lorelei considered the question. "Is it truly that important?"

Pursing her lips, Pandora nodded. "Regulus is putting his life on the line for information about the object. If anyone were to find out Regulus and I were working together, Voldemort would have him killed." Pandora's voice dropped to a whisper, "I can't lose him."

Grabbing Pandoras hand loosely, Lorelei made her decision. Walking over to the door leading from Pandora's workshop on the top floor to the rest of her and Xenophilius's house, Lorelei dragged the blonde behind her down the winding red stairs. "Xenophilius, I need you to help us perform an unbreakable vow." Lorelei announced as they entered the kitchen.

Xenophilius, who happened to be drinking tea, nearly choked. "For what?"

"I need her help looking for information on destroying the item Regulus told us about. But I can't risk the information getting past her." Pandora explained, meeting her intended's gaze.

The couple stared at one another for a prolonged moment as Lorelei tried her best to sink into the wall. After the moment passed, Xenophilius set his teacup down. "Well, I'll grab my wand then."

Beaming, Pandora grabbed Lorelei's upper arms, "I cannot express how grateful I am that you are willing to do this for me."

"If it helps Regulus chip down Voldemort's defenses, it will be well worth it."

Pandora's smile dimmed. "If Regulus can destroy it, we could change the tide of the war."

Reentering the kitchen with his wand, Xenophilius approached the pair, "Well, might as well get it over with. Go on, hold hands."