Chapter 2

Bright arrived at his parent's house and his phone started ringing endlessly, he huffs and turn it off.

"Son." Bright looks up and saw his father standing infront of him and beside him was his mother.

"What?" he looks at them with blank face.

"Come here." Bright stood up and his parents pulled him for a hug.

"I heared from your uncle that you won another contest, am i right?" Bright nod and his head and raised a brow.

"Yeah and?"

"Well we want to say Congrats." his mother say.

"What do you want in exchange?" his father said.

"Will you give me anything?" he lips curved up and looks at his parents.

"Yes, anything you want."

"Well i want you leave me alone for a month and stop acting like you cared about me." he let out a fake smile making his parents frowned.

"Young man stop disrespecting us." his mother said, Bright rolled his eyes.

"Oh come on! stop faking like everything is fine between us! you only cared about my GRADES and not me!" he raised his voice and even emphasized the word grade.

After Bright yelled he received a hard slap on the face, he glared at his mother who slapped him.

"How dare you say that!"

"Well how dare you treat me like this!" he shouted.

"All my life you only cared about my grades and not me! you only love me when i got home with medals around my neck and certificates on my hands!" Bright lost his cool.

"You two ruined my life!" he shouted and stormed out of the living room, he walked upstairs and locked himself in his room.

Bright could feel tears on his eyes as he wiped them and hit his head with his hand.

"Stupid stupid! stop crying." he mumbled to himself and once he stop crying he also stopped hitting his head.

He sobbed silently and looked at his certificates and medal that he received today.

-------

The next day Bright arrived at college with his bestfriend Film beside him.

"So you had fight with your parents again?" she asked while eating the sandwich Bright made for her.

"Hm." he hummed as an answer.

"I wonder if you're not smart, will they even love you?" that's the word made Bright's heart broke into pieces, he looks at Film who said it.

"That's the same question running to my head since yesterday." he said.

"Oh come on, cheer up Bright." Film gently shake Bright's arm.

"I will, thanks."

"My goal is to finish college and find a job so i could leave that household and live my own life." Bright said and sigh.

"Same bro."

"Anyway since you're sad today how about i treat you to my favorite takoyaki store eh?" Film nudged Bright's side and looks at him with a grin on her face.

"Sure how can i cancel my bestfriend's offer?" he chuckles and Film laughed as they head straight to class.

Bright entered his classroom and sat on his desk.

Their proff started their class.

Bright was taking down notes on the board while he was eating a snack bar. Their proff noticed it and spoke.