Imagina Shorts #51

Imagina Shorts #51

| | | | |

A Tale of the Castle in the Sky

Author: Nathaniel Dawkson

ㅤOnce I was in my young age, I always dreamed about the castle that floats above the clouds. A home of the celestial gods and goddesses. A place between the butterflies and the stars. Every night before I sleep, I see the fireflies through my window. I can feel they're trying to guide me. Make a way to the clouds. They're inviting me. Visit the celestial castle. But all of that remains just a dream. No one belived me. No one cares about me. But I care. I know that I have the fireflies with me. A dream foreshadowing reality. I will unfold the clouds to make my way to the sky.

• So, when did I started?

ㅤAt the first page of this book. I will write every single detail I need you to inform. Yes. I started writing this book at my very young age. And at my very young age, I also started making my way to the sky.

ㅤMicroscopes, telescopes, test tubes, test papers. Altogether in my desk. With my great knowledge as a key, my heart is filled with hope, and my head do also.

• First evidence: Stone storm

ㅤOne day at my town, there is a very huge rain cloud. It was so huge that we can consider it as a storm cloud. Minutes later, the clouds began to grumble and spew rain. It was no just a rain, but a rain with white pebbles on it. I examined it and it was... some sort of marble? Thank god no one was hurt in that incident, and if that so, everyone's head will be all covered by bandages.

• Second evidence: Fireflies are the Stars

ㅤI see the fireflies form different lines and shapes. All of them are the 12 different zodiac stars. Yes. Stars. But why all of them are down in the earth? Why fireflies?

• Third evidence: The Sun and the Moon

ㅤTo be honest, I'm still clueless about this. The sun and the moon is also the part of the celestial family. But, what are their roles? Two friends? Twin brothers, or sisters? Two lovers? Yin and Yang? I don't think it's just sun and moon that is connected. The earth is also the reason the sun and the moon is connected, or it is the sun and the moon is the reason why earth existed.

• The Fallen Kingdom incident

ㅤThe king left his throne, and his three promised sons started betraying each other. Everyone is in great shock! The kingdom is falling. It was a pure chaos. Suddenly, the castle started burning. Everyone is running away. They said the king's sons altogether turned into a dragon. Why? Is the king connected to this? Why did he left? After evacuating, I saw the fireflies again, spinning crazy.

• Fourth evidence: Dragonflies as the Dragons?

ㅤScientific researchers said that the stars are just a huge flaming gas. If the fireflies are the stars, then the dragons could be dragonflies. Honestly, I don't know. I'm just catching some critters lately, and putting them in the jar, and I suddenly became curious.

• Fifth evidence: The celestial guardians

ㅤWe are talking about the zodiacs again. Yes. Why are they all circling the sky? Circle, huh... The sun is circle, the moon is circle, the earth is circle... Correction: They are all sphere. And the word "circle" always flicks my mind... balance, harmony, perfection, yet pointless... The earth is revolving around the sun, and the moon is rotating around the earth, and the stars... they are watching... pointless circles spinning around...

• Sixth evidence: The golden butterfly

ㅤNews from the eastern village: The whole village was saved by the little girl. There was a dragon raiding the village, but suddenly, the little girl morphed into a butterfly. The little girl went through the clouds, so the dragon chased her, and suddenly, giant gold plates started falling from the sky. After that, the little girl was never found, ever again. For saving our village, we marked our calendars (January 24) and made that day so special. We called it "Golden Butterfly Festival".
ㅤDragon? Dragonfly? Butterfly? Little girl? I think it's all coming together.

• Seventh evidence: Non-stop rain in the forest

ㅤLooking for critters and stumble upon a wild rain forest. Not a nice weather, but why is it always raining? I checked it yesterdays and yep, always raining. I'm curious about the clouds... Why aren't those getting away? The wind is not that strong. I guess that's the reason. Still, the weather is suspicious.

• Eight evidence: Pyramid's secret literature

ㅤAfter getting so wet, I decided to be dry, and it's my worst idea. Sands. Sands all over my feet. It feels so heavy, like it was grains of golds. Exhausted, I rested my body in the weird pyramid. Strangely, I pressed a secret button after I took the torch on the wall. It feels like it is inviting me in, so why not?
ㅤHieroglyphics all over the walls. The eyes in the sky... watching the person... must protect him...? I don't know... And there is a weird drawing of fish. What does it mean?
ㅤI found a golden monkey strolling inside the pyramid, so I captured him and made him as my companion.

• New home and new plan

ㅤSo. I'm currently being a grown man now. I have to make my own home for my own things... experiments... etc... The golden monkey is so annoying, so I captured his family and made him do all of my work as a promise I will release them. I found a person to work for me and I'm paying her gold furs, cuz why not?
ㅤBack to my researches, I reassembled all of my jars of experiments. I made a machine that examines and reads the data of all things. Just cut a piece of something you want to examine, put it in the machine, wait for hours of countless procedures... radiations, poisoning, antidotes, physical/emotional/chemical/elemental tests... and done! A huge pack of papers are the results. I tried putting the fireflies I captured when I was young.

· ·–· ·–· ––– ·–·   ····– ––––– ····– –––···   –· · –··– –   ·––· ·– ––· ·   ·–– ·– ···   –· ––– –   ··–· ––– ··– –· –··

-

Alan: Hmmm... the next page was torn... Did someone really need that page so bad? Huh...