𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

𝐀𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐥 20, 2023𝐨𝐦𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭 — 𝐀𝐭𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚

𝐀𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐥 20, 2023
𝐨𝐦𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭 — 𝐀𝐭𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚

"𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐒 𝐇𝐄?" The younger's voice sounded loudly throughout the car speaker. Lips pouted as he stared directly into the camera.

Attempting to read the females every expression as he felt she weren't being completely honest with him. Harmoni taking a deep breath, mentally rehearsing the statement before speaking.

"Remember I told you Mani, he's away handling business and he'll be back soo-No." He simply cut her off. "You said that last time..and the time before that Moni." He spoke blandly.

"Are you being..truth?" Spoken innocently not exactly knowing how to word the sentence, yet knew exactly what he wanted to say — Harmoni did too.

Teeth grinding against each other painfully, a punishment toward herself for lying to the boy for this long. Although It was eating her alive to not tell the truth, she wanted to protect his peace.

Harmoni knew if she'd told Ke'mani about his father's whereabouts it would only keep him on edge. The youngers nightmares had finally seized, she didn't want to trigger them.

Yet Ke'mani was too smart. He knew something was wrong off bat as Kentrell never left him longer than a week, it had been going on a month of the males disappearance.

"No..No I'm not lying to you Mani, don't say that word anymore." The female finally spoke up. "You don't have to worry baby, I promise he'll be back soon okay?" She continued watching as he slightly hung his head.

It was now her turn to pout as she watched him swipe across his face, slowly wiping the fallen tears from his cheeks. "okay, I'm s-sorry Moni, I just really miss him." He spoke lowly.

"It's okay baby, don't cry he'll be back before you know it.. Do you want me to come get you? We can go to that arcade you was tellin' me about the other night." She spoke with enthusiasm, changing the subject.

Lightly smiling as he nodded, clearing the rest of his tears before speaking. "Me & Mama H goin' ta visit uncle Ten right now, he said he miss all us and the hospital food nasty as fu-"

Halting the sentence with a light giggle as Harmoni shot him a death glare, daring him to say the curse word. Shaking her head as Ben had been talking shit from the moment he'd opened his eyes. 

"Okay my love, I'll be there to pick you up in a few hours." Harmoni spoke as her nodded. Hesitantly peering into the camera before proceeding with his words.