2.𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳

morning surprise :

The morning sun woke me up, it was almost unpleasant. I couldn't feel Lionel's hands on my body, so I'm sure he's not in bed anymore. He must have gone to work. I stretched and sat up on the bed, my eyes closed because of the sunlight shining directly into our bedroom. I rubbed my eyes and only now opened them fully. I looked at Lionel's side of the bed, he wasn't there. I got out of bed and reached for my robe.

I headed to the bathroom, and looked around the room. The shower door was a little ajar, I had to tell Lionel. Once he's in the mood, he's like an animal. He can break a bed. I picked up the dirty laundry off the floor and threw it in the hamper. I went to the mirror and took a face pad and took off my face with makeup remover. I brushed my teeth, and put ointment on my face. I put my blonde hair in a bun. I put on makeup, but stayed in my robe.

I walked down the stairs to get breakfast. The staff had already prepared breakfast on the table. But there was also a piece of paper on the table, it was from Lionel. I quote.
"Good morning my love, I hope you slept well in my arms. I really wanted to be with you when you woke up, but unfortunately I had an early morning meeting. I love you, if you want to come by my office.
"Your dear lionel"

I smiled at the beautiful message he left me. I didn't expect such a nice gesture from him. Lionel was a romantic, he was a decent man. He treated his employees terribly, and I got mad at him for it a while ago. but even though I wanted to, I couldn't do anything about it. He was the way he was, and I'm not gonna change him. Even if I wanted to more than anything in the world.

I had breakfast. It was about 9:00 in the morning. I decided to get dressed and go to his office, I was bored enough. I ran up the stairs to my bedroom, and ran to the closet. I opened it and started rummaging through my clothes. I pulled out one black wrap dress and my purse. I took a bag because it was pretty cold outside.

I made my way to the front door of our mansion. I walked out and went to ask the driver if he would take me to see Lionel, he nodded readily and agreed to take me there. On the way in the car, I looked around the neighborhood at the beautiful family homes. The wind was blowing a little and the treetops were swaying. The dark clouds in the sky ensured that it would rain today. And I didn't mind that at all, I've loved rain since I was a little girl.

The driver drove slowly with me, he was always careful. Only Lionel still thought he was a jerk. Lionel was an arrogant jerk to everyone who had no manners, a lout who, in the words of the other men, just wanted to look up every woman's skirt. That's what scared me the most about our marriage. I was afraid that in a few years he'd trade me for some woman with a better figure. But he kept telling me that would never happen. And I just nodded, and that was the end of the discussion.

He was nice to me, he never hit me. He never hurt me, even when I thought he would. His life was hectic, but he always made time for me anyway. I saw him a few times before we got married, but I never spoke to him. My father just told me that this was my future husband. I grimaced for a moment and was terrified, he was only ten years younger than my father. It was disgusting to me, and I couldn't imagine a life like that. But now I know it was just a false alarm, he was my dream man.

The car stopped in front of a huge glass skyscraper. I carefully leaned over and smiled. I'd never been here, never been taken here with me. It was amazing, this all belongs to my husband. No wonder he comes home so late. The driver walked around the car and opened the door for me in a gallant manner, extending his hand to me. I accepted the hand and he helped me out of the car. I thanked him and he nodded with a smile, got in the car and drove off.

I took a deep breath and walked to the front door. I opened it and looked around the room, the reception desk still close to the stairs. Smiling, I walked up to the receptionist and spoke to the lady sitting behind the counter.
" Hello, I am Julia Shahbandar, I am Mr. Shahbandar's wife. I have an appointment with my husband here."
The woman looked me over and threw me a fake smile. She answered me very briefly.