15.𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳

three months pregnant :

I was standing in front of a closed door, a few minutes ago Julie was taken to the operating room. They said they had to stitch her head wound. I felt sick, guilty for the first time in so many years. I felt so in my chest, so strong. It made me nervous, damn it. My pregnant wife's in surgery, and it's my fault. No man could feel good.

It happened six months ago, I met Margret at a club, we'd just had a row about Julie, and I got drunk to relax. I woke up in a hotel early in the morning, and I didn't think a damn thing. I never thought she could get pregnant after one night. Julie and I tried for almost 2 months. And all it took was one innocent sleep with her, and she was pregnant. This was a goddamn mess.

The only woman I've ever really loved is Juli, and it's always been Juli. And I was really sick. My legs were shaking, I couldn't sit still for a minute. I paced up and down the hallway in front of the door my wife was lying behind. If anything happens to the children in her belly, I'll never forgive myself.

Just now, when we're happy, and content. Why? Life has never been kind to me. I loved that woman the most in the whole world, I'm no saint, I don't claim to be, but I wanted to be happy. I have a beautiful blonde young woman who's having twins with me. I wanted to scream, scream my voice out.

The door burst open the moment I turned my back to the door. The doctor was walking down the hallway with slow steps, looking at the floor. As soon as he spotted me, he walked straight towards me.

"How is she, Doctor? Are the twins okay." I asked in a nervous tone as I clenched my hands in my pockets, trying to calm my almost pacing thoughts. He just stood there for a moment, then said. " Mr. Shahbandar, let's go to my office, it will be quieter there." He said and I nodded. As soon as he motioned with his hand for me to follow him, I went straight to him.

We reached his office, I sat on the chair opposite the doctor's desk. We were both silent, bluntly ignoring each other. He sat down across from me, and raised his head to look me in the eye. "Mrs. Shahbandar is stable, breathing on her own. The girls are fine too, your wife covered her stomach when she fell, saving their lives. Unfortunately, she's not as well off as the twins. She suffered a severe blow to the temple, and after such an injury, she'll suffer the consequences. She'll be fine, it's just going to take a long time to heal." He said, and I didn't hesitate, and immediately asked him a question.

" How long to recover, how long?" I asked and he took a deep breath and spoke. " It can take months, it can take years. I won't tell you, no one knows. The wound is deep, she will suffer from frequent migraines, we will put her on medication after the birth. But they cause infertility, so we have to let her make up her mind." He said and I had another question on my tongue, everything happened so fast.

" And what if she refuses to take the medication? After all, we would like more children." I said and he leaned back in his seat and said. " I hate to say it, but anything can happen. She could become paralyzed, she could die. The drugs are great, and we would put them on after the baby is born. There really is a 99 percent chance your wife will heal and be fine." He said.

Unable to listen, I rose abruptly from my chair. I started pacing around the room, thinking about what he had told me. 99 percent chance that she would heal. "What about the one percent, could he die?" I asked him, and he fiddled with his fingers on the table, and the answer stuck in his mouth, he didn't want to answer.

" We don't know for sure, but it can happen, al- " he wanted to say something, but I couldn't control myself and shouted. " Enough, that's enough. Shut up !!!-" I shouted and he fell silent and I continued. " Do you think I'm going to stand here and listen to what terrible things might happen to my wife. Get the fuck out of that chair, and go do something to avoid these terrible consequences. I love that woman." I said and he nodded.

" We do everything in our-" I didn't let him finish and spoke again. " Well, yeah, like always. I don't care that you're here overtime. Get your lazy doctor ass out of that chair, and go save my wife's sanity." I said, and he held out his hand to silence me and speak.

" Calm down Mr. Shahbandar, or I'll call security. I understand it is difficult for you to see your wife suffering. But trust us, we're doing everything we can." He said, but I didn't care, doctor talk. Just talking!

" I want to see her, where is she?" i said, anger burning inside me, i needed to calm down, to calm myself down. " I think you should go home and rest, it would do you good, after all your wife is in an artificial sleep." He said and I rolled my eyes, holding out a finger threateningly to warn him.

"Where is my wife?" I want to see her now!" I said and he fell silent, then took a deep breath to calm himself. His gaze was rigid, his eyes cold, but I think he was a little scared of me.

"She's in room 68, but she's in an artificial sleep." As soon as he told me her room number. I walked to the door, I almost broke it down, I didn't run in.

I was out, I was going straight. I was lost in thought. I wasn't aware of the people around me, just the numbers on the door. My thoughts were at home, in our bedroom. Everything was displayed before my eyes. Her lips, her eyes. Her beautiful smile and her soft voice. My God, what I would give to have her sweaty naked body on mine. To feel her body, her lips, her scent.

The hospital corridors were dark, but not as dark as my mind. It was pitch black before my eyes, the staff greeted me, but I didn't see them. I wanted to get to my wife as soon as possible.

I stopped when I saw the door of the room where my Rosehip was sleeping. I stared blankly at the white door for a moment. I took three breaths, and counted to three. I put my trembling hands on the doorknob, and pulled it quietly. Even though I knew she was asleep, I was afraid of waking this fragile woman.

I opened the door slowly and quietly. I stepped inside, not wanting to look. But I did. She was lying innocently on the bed, just like when she was lying on the bed in our bedroom. her soft and petite body was covered under the blanket up to her breasts. I ran my hands slowly over her body to make sure she was okay except for the head.

Her hair was styled, she looked like a princess. Her soft smooth freckled and pale face was relaxed, her muscles were relaxed. She was calm, she was relaxed. Her hands along her slender body.

I slowly closed the door, and walked over to her. Her head was tucked in. She would have a scar. Does she even remember anything? I don't know. She's asleep. I walked slowly to the bed, my steps small so as not to wake her, quietly. I walked to the bed and sat down on a chair that was next to the bed. The machine beeped, assuring me that she was breathing, and just really asleep.

I took her relaxed hand in mine. I brought it to my lips, and placed a kiss on it, unable to control myself. I sat up, still holding hers. I bent over her and kissed her on her exposed shoulder, a soft wet kiss. Her wonderful scent hit my nose, coupled with the hospital disinfectant.

I placed another kiss, this time on her forehead. Once there, I repeated the whole action over and over again. I sat back in my chair, wanting to talk to her. I'm sure she can hear me.

"Love, God love. Fight, please fight. You have to. You just have to. I know you're gonna be okay, but when you wake up, there's gonna be so many things waiting for you. I'm going crazy. And it's only been a few hours. I'll be right here with you. You don't have to worry. I promise I'll never leave you. You're beautiful. You look beautiful as always. I love you, I know you know that. Because it's the damn truth." I said.

I sat there with her for a couple of hours, kissing her on the shoulder. And prayed that she would hear my words and feel my loving touch. I wanted her to wake up so I could hold her. But most of all, I wished I could turn back the clock, and I wished I could take her in

|NEXT CHAPTER IS HERE|