13.𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳

two months pregnant: 

Oh, my God, another annoying party. Lionel threw a party to celebrate our babies. Everyone was so surprised when Lionel announced it to his friends, they said they didn't think Lionel would ever have kids in his life, which made me laugh a little because it was so perfectly true.

At this very moment, I was sitting on the couch looking at the gifts Lionel's friends had given us. It was wonderful, and I was so grateful for every one of the gifts, a lot of the women told me to call them whenever I needed anything, they were mostly mothers, of now grown people, but I was so grateful because I was so worried.

I sat on the couch, and watched Lionel standing among the men, chatting about different things. Our gazes met, and I gave him a dry smile as the whole room watched us. Lionel left the group of men, and made his way towards the bar, taking a clean glass and pouring fruit juice into it, which he diluted with water that was from a pitcher that was next to the juice.

He turned on his heel, and walked towards me, while smiling angelically at me. He sat down next to me on the couch and handed me the juice in my hand without a word. But he didn't sit another second, he stood up, and grabbed the spoon that was on the table. He clinked it against the glass that was filled with wine. Everyone turned towards us, and I rolled my eyes, I wasn't expecting this.

And then he spoke once he saw he had everyone's full attention " I want to thank you all so much for coming here today to celebrate this wonderful news with us. My beautiful wife and I appreciate it so much, we can't put it into words. Honestly, there's been a lot of talk about how you never thought I could be a father. I never imagined it myself, but I only had that opinion until I married this beautiful woman. Once this woman was next to me, my opinion changed, I was so ready to be a father, and it was only because of this amazing woman who is even carrying our two young children in her belly. Please applaud my beautiful wife. I love you love, and thank you for your patience " As soon as he finished he turned to face me, smiling and clapping.

The whole hall was looking at me, clapping, smiling. I got as close to Lionel as I could, and kissed him passionately. It was so beautiful and heartfelt, it made me want to cry. As we ended the kiss, people were still clapping, Lionel hugged me, and I whispered to him as we hugged deeply. " I love you too, my dumbass" I said and he laughed.

The people continued to conserve amongst themselves, I sat back down on the couch and Lionel walked back to the men who were eagerly waiting, for Lionel's presence, amongst them. I drank the juice Lionel had brought me a few minutes ago. Someone's gaze was burning me from the side of the room, I looked to see who was looking at me so keenly. It was a woman, a surprise to me as I usually got looks from Lionel's male guests. But I'd never seen this woman at any of Lionel's parties in my life, and that's why it was strange to me. She was a strange woman

I smiled at her, and she smiled back. And with a slow fox trot she made her way over to me, all the while we maintained eye contact. Once she reached me, she smiled at me, and it was quite fake. But she didn't stay silent for long, she spoke immediately.

"Hello, may I join you?" She said and I just thought, but nodded immediately, and the woman sat down next to me, all the while looking at me, her gaze lingering longest on the area of my stomach where my hand was placed.

"I'm sorry, but I don't think I've ever seen you at any of my husband's events. Are you the wife of any of the gentlemen present here today?" I asked curiously, because it was tugging at my mind, at all costs something about her didn't sit right with me, and my mood was letting the lady across from me know it.

" I apologize for not introducing myself. I'm your husband's ex-partner, we broke up a month before your wedding, and when I heard Lionel was an expectant father, even with twins, I couldn't help it, I had to come and congratulate you, it's wonderful news. Otherwise, my name is Shanann Wilson." She told me, and as soon as she said what she said, the anger inside me surfaced.