22.𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳

fifth months pregnant :

The next days Lionel was almost always at work, working from six in the morning until midnight. I basically didn't see him at all for the last week, there were a few times when he woke me up so I could kiss him goodnight and go to sleep. He's been different lately, it's been so long since we made love, I know I told him we were going to take a break and it would be a long time before I let him touch me again. But lately I've started to feel like I really miss him.

I miss those moments when he would just grab me and throw me on the bed, we would both laugh and then make love, those were basically the best moments I've ever had. I miss that attentive Lionel and I miss his sweaty face when he made love to me. I started to have strange lusts when I was pregnant, but Lionel was even more attractive to me than ever before.

I didn't want to admit it for a while, but after those weeks, there was just no hiding it. There were so many emotions inside me that I just wanted to let them out, to let them float away so I could be happy again, so we could live life like before, so we could just sit together on our fingers and laugh at silly things, I missed the old Lionel.

Just the thought of us getting divorced and not being together was deadly to me, that man had hurt me so much but he had also given me courage, shown me love and made me feel like I was something. He made me feel that despite how different we are and the age difference between us, we can be married, despite the fact that we didn't even have a chance to get to know each other properly, when we got married we were basically two completely different people, people who had met a few times, and still be happy together, beyond measure.

It wasn't until after we were married that I knew true happiness, the kind where the man tries to cheer you up every morning, where he makes little gestures to make you feel as comfortable as possible with him. The way Lionel looked at me on our wedding night, I just couldn't believe it, or admit that I could feel anything more than pure hatred for him for stealing from me and robbing me of finding my true love.

Although at times I wondered if fate had brought us together in such a way. He couldn't have chosen a different path, a better path that wouldn't have tortured us all these weeks and shown us the true adventure. I was content, I was finally content. It took a while for the hatred for Lionel to wear off, but when it did, I felt like a completely new and different person. It was absolutely crazy at times, but then it became incredibly beautiful.

His eyes awakened something new in me, something unrecognized. Despite the way people looked at us on the street. There was always a lot of swearing in the air about what a gold digger I was. I felt safe in that moment, and that was only because Lionel was walking beside me, holding my hand, his thumb stroking mine, our shoulders touching, and his eyes smiling, just for me, for no one else. I felt truly content, and only in this man's arms, only in his warm and protective embrace, he formed a barrier against the evil world, I love him.

....................

I was sitting on the couch, feeling sad. I knew that Lionel wouldn't be here until midnight tonight. I felt incredibly sad for him, and it was only 8 o'clock at night. The books bored me, so I just sat on the couch and looked at the ceiling, the loneliness made me feel sick, of course the servants were here, but they hadn't spoken to me all day, and I wanted a particular person here, and that was Lionel. I wish he was sitting here at this moment, looking at me again with those beautiful hazel eyes that I fell in love with.

My hand was on my already rather bulging belly, the girls were moving more and more, making themselves known. Lionel mostly missed out on all these moments, which I was very sorry about. I wanted him by my side like I used to, but he was too busy. He wanted us to have a good time, so he worked. But Lionel was so rich, one day off wouldn't kill him. But I guess that was too much to ask of him.

It was getting a little dark outside, but it was still very nice. I didn't even feel like going out because I didn't enjoy being alone. I couldn't wait to have the girls and start going out for walks with them, they would keep me company. But I'll always miss Lionel anyway, I can't remember the last time we were alone together. We've been through a lot lately. Plus, I was in the hospital and then we found out that Lionel and I were pregnant with another woman's baby, everything was very emotional for me.

I almost fell off the couch when I heard someone open the door and it hit the wall. My eyes bulged with fright but also with joy when I saw Lionel in the door frame. He was excited, smiling. I hadn't seen him this happy in a long time. Immediately he walked towards me at a fast pace, almost running, and immediately hugged me in such a way that he lifted me into the air.

" Don't be silly, Lionel, I'm heavy." I said, but I didn't mean it, I was happy to be in his arms and I was smiling like a little child. I buried my head in the crook of his neck. "You're as light as a feather, love." He said and I smiled madly, enjoying his closeness.

After a moment he laid me down and pressed a soft, wet kiss to my lips. I smiled at him as I stroked his cheek and looked straight into his eyes.

" I have a surprise for you." He raised his eyebrows and said this simple sentence that made me uncomfortable. I didn't know what kind of surprise to expect, but I knew in his eyes that it was something that would make me happy.

"Go on, talk, talk." I said as I grabbed his shoulders and shook him gently. I smiled at him, and he looked so excited that I suspected this was something that would finally rekindle our relationship. He just stood there for a moment, silent, looking into my eyes with a look of joy. I gave him a very sincere look. Joy spurted out of him like a fountain of water. Suddenly he took a sharp intake of breath and spoke, finally spoke. "The baby is not mine, Sarah did the tests, it's not mine." He said and I saw him looking at me with a sparkle in his eyes.

He waited for my reaction, I was shocked, I was satisfied. I felt so much emotion, so much joy. This was all I had prayed for from the beginning, this was all so pointless. The fights and the war that Lionel and I had with each other over it, all the things that happened because of it. It was all for nothing, no reason. I felt embarrassed and happy at the same time.

"Really?" I asked with utter shock in my voice but also in my gentle face. Lionel was relieved to hear that I was happy too. He took a step closer to me than he already was and wrapped his arms around my waist, pinning me to him. "Yes, she called me a few minutes ago." He said with a smile on his face, we both knew we were getting a chance to fix all that was broken in our relationship.

"I can't tell you how happy I am Lionel." I said as I smiled genuinely at him, finally looking into those beautiful hazel eyes that I loved so much. Those eyes that belonged only to me, just like his gaze. " I have a unique chance to fix everything I've messed up so we can be a happy and functioning family. And I take full responsibility for that, and I promise to be by your side forever, Juli. But only after you tell me you want me to try and make us the happiest couple under the sun again. I love you Juli," he told me and I fell in love all over again.

" Are you kidding, of course I want us to be happy again. Lionel I think I'm going crazy, I've missed you so damn much this week. I miss your touch and the way you look at me so perfectly and lovingly. I miss you lying next to me on the bed, all sweaty and out of breath. I miss our times together laughing at every silly thing. I wish you'd come to me again sometime and throw me on the bed and make love to me in that beautiful and gentle way that only you can. I love you, Lionel, and I want to make it all right with you." I said with a smile on my face

HI, I KNOW ITS LATE? BUT IM REALLY SORRY :)