10.𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳

enthusiasm, surprise :

I was standing in the bathroom looking at a positive pregnancy test. After spending a week at the toilet bowl, I really shouldn't have been surprised. I just looked around excitedly, hearing footsteps, and quickly hiding the text in my skirt pocket.

Lionel walked into the bathroom, a smile on his face. U6 when he walked in, he could tell by my nervous look that I was hiding something. I smiled cautiously, and tried to hide the secret. He walked over to me and gently leaned in to place a small kiss on my lips.

As soon as he broke our kiss, he grabbed my waist and raised his eyebrows questioningly at me with a smirk. "Are you hiding something young lady?" He asked, and I blushed like a tomato, not knowing whether to continue lying or if I should actually tell him. I smiled slightly, and tilted my head to the side.

But his hands immediately grabbed my face, and he gently turned me around to look into his eyes. "I asked. Are you hiding something young lady?" He repeated the question while raising his eyebrows at me questioningly.

" Don't be curious, you don't need to know everything right away." I said and he grinned at me but didn't look like he wanted to give anything up, he's like that, he never gives up, he always makes me tell him everything.

But for the first time in the history of our marriage, he gave up. He slowly kissed me again, let me out of his arms, and walked towards the shower. He started to undress, and I turned and walked out of the bathroom to give him some privacy. I think he'd appreciate it, I'm a good loving woman. I went into the bedroom, sat down in the big armchair, and tried to think of a way to tell him.

Can't I just yell it at him? I'll sit him down and tell him quietly, that's the best thing. I'll wait till he's had a shower, and then I'll call him over and tell him I have to say something. While he's taking a shower, I decide to change into something comfortable. Because lately, I've been feeling like nothing's comfortable.

A few minutes later the shower turned off, I could hear him brushing his teeth, better yet, it was already evening. He walked into the bedroom, his towel wrapped around his waist, my hair was damp, and there were still drops of water on his chest, the whole room smelled manly.

He immediately looked at the bed, at where I was sitting, I smiled at him. "Lionel, would you come here, I have something to tell you." I said and smiled gently at him, he put on his boxers and nodded at that, once he was dressed he went to sit on the bed behind me.

He sat down right next to me, I had a pregnancy test hidden behind my back in case he wanted proof. Lionel looked at me questioningly as he put his hand on my naked thigh, his other hand grabbing my free hand. I smiled at him, and swallowed loudly and nervously enough to get his full attention. He kissed the tip of my hand, and waited to see what would come out of me.

" Lionel you know, you know I've been throwing up all week, well I decided last night that I would buy a pregnancy test at the pharmacy this afternoon and take it, I took one a few minutes ago, that's why I was there so long, I took several. I waited for the results to come out so I wouldn't alarm you unnecessarily, and all the tests came back positive." I said with excitement and nervousness in my shaky voice.

"Are you pregnant?" He asked cautiously, and curiously. And I nodded, I was immediately pulled into his arms, he held me tight, he was excited. And I was overjoyed too.

"Are you sure about this?" He asked again as he grabbed my shoulders and lifted me off his chest so he could look me in the eyes.

" Yes." I said and he hugged me repeatedly, kissing me, laughing, I had never seen him so excited in my life, it was like he got the whole world. I hugged him as tightly as he hugged me, I was happy to give him this because it was pretty much all I had to offer.