16.𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳

three months pregnant :

I went home in the evening, Juli was still asleep. I left after I made sure she was okay. She was stable, and I could go home, but I was still nervous, thinking about her. I ate a little bit at home, I had one drink, but I didn't finish that one either, in case the hospital called to say she was awake. In the end, I just took a shower. And I went to bed, the bedroom looked like a ghost town. It was weird when Juli wasn't here, the bedroom always glowed with her. I could smell her scent everywhere, the pillow smelled of her perfume.

I rolled over for a moment, and then I saw her nightgown on the chair. Maybe it would, put me to sleep. I got out of bed, and went to get my white nightgown. I lay back down and put the nightgown next to my head, burying my nose in it. God, but it still wasn't enough, she wasn't there, and it was bothering me. After a few minutes, I fell asleep.

I was woken up early in the morning by the phone, it was around 6am. They told me that Juli had woken up, and that she was looking for me, and wanted me to come over. She said to come as soon as possible. I didn't hesitate a moment, and I got out of bed. I got dressed in my suit, and headed out to the garage. I was going to take her flowers, but unfortunately nowhere was open that early.

So I stopped at a gas station and bought her coffee and some breakfast. I drove myself, because the drivers were still asleep at home, and I didn't want to wait. They both live pretty far from my place, and I hurried over to her.

On the way, I wondered a lot if she was imagining everything that had happened before the crash. The doctor told me she had suffered a severe concussion. But that doesn't mean she forgot what happened a few minutes before the fall. I don't want to tell her if she's forgotten, but I know that if she really has forgotten, I'll have to tell her. I'll have to explain everything to her.

I pulled up to the hospital, parked. I picked up my coffee, which was still warm, and then I picked up my breakfast. When I got to the hospital it was about 6:30 in the morning.

I got to the reception desk, where I announced that I was going to see my wife. The nurse led me to her room, as I had her transferred to an above standard room, I wanted her to feel comfortable and to have privacy. After all, she wasn't in a good place, and I didn't want to stress her out with strangers she didn't like.

The nurse led me to her door, and then left me standing there. I was hesitant, really. I put my hands on the door, and knocked "come in." Came my wife's voice from outside the door. I took a deep breath, and grabbed the doorknob.

I opened the door, and stepped inside. My eyes fell on my wife, she was sitting half on the bed. Her body was covered to her waist, and she was looking out the window. " Hey." I said, and she slowly turned her head, and it was only then that I saw the large gash on one side of her face. Her gaze was emotionless, she wasn't smiling but she wasn't frowning either.

" Hey" she said in return as she avoided my gaze. I just stood there, looking at her. She remembered everything, very well. I'm sure by the look in her eyes.

" Don't just stand there and go sit down." She said and I nodded and slowly sat down on the chair next to her bed, for the first time in the three minutes I've been here she looked me in the eye. Eyes devoid of emotion, face scared, and circles under her eyes. But still beautiful, her hair pulled back into a high ponytail.

" I brought you something, I bought you some coffee, and here's something to eat." I said, and she looked at my hands, and smiled. "Thank you." She said and I nodded, returning her smile.

" How are you feeling?" i asked and she looked into my eyes. I reached for her hand, surprisingly she didn't flinch. I took her hand in my big hands, and kissed her knuckles. She just watched my actions for a moment, looking right through me.