39. Possibilities Part II

Not Safe For Work.

You have been warned.

No longer resting his palms on his love's, Lan Zhan shifted his hands to Wei Ying's waist

Wei Ying was holding his sword again. He was connecting to his sword again. Even if it was just from borrowed spiritual energy. it looked... beautiful. "Can you build a Core from this?"

"I don't know," Wei Ying answered. "What A'Yu did? It's similar to what QingJie did to A'Yuan when she forced his Core to start. And it's completely different at the same time. Because cultivators are born with the seed of a Core in us already, right? Then we either learn how to cultivate that seed and make it usable or we don't and it lies dormant. QingJie just sort of... turned A'Yuan's Core on. Made it start working. What A'Yu did.... Was almost like giving me a seed. Using his spiritual energy to fill my dantian and it formed a seed? I formed the seed from his energy? I'm not sure if this is even a seed or just...." Wei Ying shook his head. "I'll have to study it more to try to figure out what he did."

Lan Zhan deadpanned, "He gave you a seed."

"Mmm."

"It sounds like you're saying he got you pregnant." It was a joke. At least, it was meant to be a joke.

Lan Zhan wasn't good at making jokes.

Wei Ying didn't treat it as a joke. "Lan Zhan..." he breathed, getting excited. "Is that really the answer?" He jerked out of his husband's light grasp and started pacing. "We know that the child of a cultivator is more likely going to form a core than the child of non-cultivators. But what if that is wrong?"

"Wrong?" Lan Zhan turned in place to keep an eye on his spouse.

"How many of us really know who our parents are? There are many, many, like Qin Su who grow up thinking that their father is one man when he really was another. There are even stories where a woman gets 'pregnant' and 'has' a baby. She spends months with pillows sewn into her clothing and the baby is actually her maid's or something like that." Wei Ying stopped pacing to give a determined look at his husband. "What if only a cultivator can have a cultivator child? What if the parent gives that 'seed' to the child? What if that is exactly what Jin ZiYu did earlier today? And because I already had a Core, my body knows how to keep it and use it? What if a Core isn't like a hand where if you lose it, it's gone? What if all we need to regrow a Core is to receive a new seed?" His eyes were shining with excitement. "What if I really am growing a new Core? Lan Zhan... what if?"

Lan Zhan strode quickly across the floor to engulf his husband in a hug. "Will hope Wei Ying's theory is correct." Because it was there, Lan Zhan dropped his head to nibble on an ear. "Love Wei Ying with a Core. Love Wei Ying without a Core."

The younger man tossed Suibian back into its chest. "Lan Zhan... Lan Zhan... I know you know how to use your words properly. Do you know what it does to me when you get overwhelmed with emotions and regress?" He pressed his body, with its obvious erection, against his husband's. "Do you like what it does to me?"